Fish emergency!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395104787.361279.jpg

This cropped up last night, it was late and I would have to wait till morning to treat it.

This afternoon I checked him and he looked like thisImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395104892.018595.jpg

He's still alive in a pot perm bath but the would looks terrible. I've had him less than a week in qt because he's new. To my knowledge a bad case if fun rot that progress quickly. Can he come back from this? Suggested treatment? Bearing in mind he's a loach scaless fish.

Because I always melafix and primafix new fish he's been on them for a week, what else can I do

Sorry about your fishie. I've never owned one of these, but he looks pretty bad. I'd say the most humane route at this point would be euthanasia. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not the euthanasia type, I always try to save the fish first.

Ok, so all quick prescriptions aside.. Whatever exactly is the situation? Was that fish in a tank by itself? Is it a new fish?? People! We need information! There is the ultimate cache of fishy experts( I'm not I've but man do I try! I even google stuff!!) here but when in a sure situation a 4 word post will do anything but save your fish..skimmers love details!! Not the saltwater skimmers either!! People skimmers! That skim threads! To save lives!!!!!

Neither am I and I appreciate that you're not quick to give up! :) However, it appears a chunk of flesh is missing from your fish.....

Ok, so all quick prescriptions aside.. Whatever exactly is the situation? Was that fish in a tank by itself? Is it a new fish?? People! We need information! There is the ultimate cache of fishy experts( I'm not I've but man do I try! I even google stuff!!) here but when in a sure situation a 4 word post will do anything but save your fish..skimmers love details!! Not the saltwater skimmers either!! People skimmers! That skim threads! To save lives!!!!!

As I stated above, yes he's new I've had him less than a week. He was in a freshly set up qt tank with another new blue loach. White patch developed last night and progressed to the open wound today.

No the other one is fine, they must of had it at the pet store and it probably broke out as a result of transport stress

Ya I'm sure it's from the store, what is their return policy? I probably wouldn't want to get another one just quit yet cause they will probably be from the same batch. See if you could get credit and get another one later

Sorry man, I re read a few times and figured it out.. I agree entirely with ishalnt! The Lfs gave you a real sick fish... In the future consider a different form of pre-treatment perhaps? I tried the melafix thing too, seems more like a miracle tonic from the days of old than any actual useful additive.. I ditched it for seachem paraguard, but any similar light med should help.. The thing with melafix and Pima is that in large doses it can actually poison fish, notice the massive bubble coat in the tank after dosing? Wasn't digging that in the least.. Again I apologize if I came off harsh..

I probably could take him back but I'm an hour and 15 min away from any pet store and same goes for the Tera life guard.

Back
Top Bottom