Fish First Aid Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xraytetralover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What medications and brands do you recommend keeping on stand-by in a freshwater fish first aid kit? What brands do you buy?

lots of clean fresh water. number one importance. lol
good question. i have only had to deal with ich which is treated with high temps and i treated for internal parasites with Jungle's anti parasite food. so i don't have any medications on stand-by except now the anti-parasite food.

I just have some rid-ich for when I thought my fish had ich. I never actually ended up using it. That was when I first started my aquarium and didn't really know much. lol

I can't drive yet so I rely on my parents if I find out my fish are sick.. I'd rather have a few things at home cause my mom doesn't really want anything to do with the fish. lol that include driving me to the store.

I can't drive yet so I rely on my parents if I find out my fish are sick.. I'd rather have a few things at home cause my mom doesn't really want anything to do with the fish. lol that include driving me to the store.

Who drives anymore? just order online and have it shipped right to you. lol:silly:

you don't get the meds the same day if you order online. I lost my betta because it was nighttime when I noticed that he was sick and he died overnight. That's why I'd like to have a few common medications at home for when I need them.

I keep handy the following: MelaFix (anti-bacterial remedy that doesn't damage the biofilter), PimaFix (anti-fungal remedy that can be used in concert with MelaFix), Super Ich Cure (best solution for Ich that I have found), MetroPlex (aka Metronidazole - an anti-parasite medication), ParaGuard (another anti-parasite medication) and Cupramine

Thanks gheitman. That's exactly the type of reply I was looking for.

new2betas: yes, please do tell us how it is, when you get it! I'll be waiting for your reply. :)

Melafix and Pimafix are the 2 most recommended medications on this forum, FWIW. Also Maracyn if you have a labyrinth fish because Melafix is too strong for them. You might want some salt on hand to help with wounds. You only need your heater for Ich.

Back
Top Bottom