Fish Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarasein

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I am trying to make sure I have the right food for my fish. My Fish less cycle is done and now I am looking at getting fish soon. But I need to know what to feed them. I have pellets and shrimp for Fred. But what do I get for the others. I am getting 6- tetras, 6- guppies, 1- bristlenose, 6- juli peppered or bonze cories and 1-bolivian ram (maybe, still not sure on him.) So, what kind of food do i get? I know the bristlenose needs drift wood and sunken cucumber. I have that already. (Don't worry, it will be fresh when I feed him.) Do I need to get Flakes for the top feeders and then what for the cories?

I feed my fish NLS community pellets. They sink slowly so everyone gets some. I alternate with flakes from Ken's. Everyone gets enough to eat that way. The problem usually is fish get too much food not too little.

Any high quality food will be fine. NLS, Omega One, Kens, some of the higher end Hikari, Dainchi... it's all good. There are others too, those are just some of the bigger names. I feed NLS to some, Omega One to many others. Contrary to popular belief, there is not a 'best food' out there.

I feed my fish NLS community pellets. They sink slowly so everyone gets some. I alternate with flakes from Ken's. Everyone gets enough to eat that way. The problem usually is fish get too much food not too little.
Yes, I have been careful with Fred that way. I feel silly getting 2 pellets or shrimp out for him. But it keeps him healthy.

Should I get flakes or pellets? I found Omega One™ Color Pellets or Flakes for Tropical Fish.

I only feed and recommend New Life Spectrum Thera+A, it has enough garlic to kill some parasites. IME NLS is by far the best food out there. 1mm Thera+A would be perfect for your tank.

I prefer pellets. I either use NLS Grow .5mm or NLS Community .5mm with my smaller fish (like the ones you've posted), and the 1mm pellets for bigger fish. I also feed Omega One Veggie flakes here and there. I also feed no more than once every other day.

Back
Top Bottom