Fish for 1.5 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YLD

Aquarium Advice Activist
Whats the smallest fish that I can have in a 1.5 gal? a goby?

Its been set up for months now. It has 1 crab, 3 snails and like 4 tiny starfish, I mean everything is tiny. Its in my office.

:fish2:

Not sure if you can keep any fish in a tank that small. You could maybe keep sexy shrimp. Did you buy those starfish or did they hitchhike their way in? And congrats, must be a job to keep that tank up and running! :)

The stars came with the tank, they are super tiny, the crab is very small too. The snails are normal size. I have this mini setup from a friend of a friend that owns a local sw aquarium store. He gave my friend the same thing but with a small clownfish, a super tiny shrimp and a very pretty anemone that moves around the tank. That's how I got mine.

I haven't seen a sexy shrimp in any store though. Are they called something else too? I've seen the peppermints, and the banded coral. Everywhere but they are not small I don't like them.

The clown will probably not last long in a tank that size, I also wouldn't recommend keeping any fish. If you must keep one though something like an eviota goby might do okay, they only grow up to one inch and are often a lot smaller (still not recommended though).

Sexy shrimp are sometimes called anemone shrimp, they are very common in stores and stay very small. Google it to see some pictures of them. You could get a few of them, like two or three.

Ok good thanks Kelsey!! I will look for that shrimp

Back
Top Bottom