Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yah this is a man made lake and is not connected to a waterway. War should I feed the little guy? I've heard of some people feeding them cichlid pellets wen they r mature but eat should I feed it now. Bloodworms?

Oh one more thing. Should I feed him separately from the other fish? Since he is hiding, I wouldn't really be able to see if he is eating

you could try spot feeding just to see if he's eating but eventually he should come around unless he's sick or whatever. You might want to try something like thawed frozen bloodworms to get him actively eating.

Ok. I think I might take him out an put him in another tank just until I know what he likes to eat and if he is eating it

So I got some cichlid pellets for my little bluegill today but he didn't take to them. Any other ideas on what I should try? Or should I just keep trying to feed him the flakes and pellets and see if he comes around to them

I was gonna buy those but the cichlid pellets were the same price but was a bigger container. So I figured I would get my money's worth and get the pellets

Maybe try feeding nightcrawlers?

I kept a bass i have a 10g in my garage as a kid for a few months with just nightcrawlers. It wasnt any way for the poor thing to live, but if you need to get a decent meal into him, he might go for it...

K well. I'll try to et some at petco or something this week. Will the goldfish eat the bloodworms or nightcrawlers!

Oh and I really appreciate all the help. None of my family or friends keep fish so the Internet, this forum, and my lfs's r my only source of information and advice

Definetly a bluegill or similar species of sunfish. I got a walleye out of the feeder minnow tank @ petsmart one time.

Ever since them I have been checking in on petco every week or so to see if they get anymore in.

Back
Top Bottom