Fish id.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What fish is this that this superstore provides? A catfish of what type? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image-1202414787.jpg
    image-1202414787.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2461949953.jpg
    image-2461949953.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-4063719018.jpg
    image-4063719018.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 105
When it swims around off the bottom, is it upside down?

If so, it's an upside down catfish... lol. I have one that looks just like that. When it's feeding off the bottom it's right side up.

I did not witness it swimming upside down, but google images makes me believe that it is an upside down catfish. At the store I thought,"sterbai Cory?". Thanks everyone.

It is Wally world. It might be Lace Syndontis, really does look a Cory. The only reason I had interest is because they look like sterbai corys, I really want some sterbais :)

I've never owned a cory but I have seen them in pet stores, here is a pic of my Syno multipunctatus, is that what a cory mouth looks like? I've actually just started a 29g community and have been thinking about adding some cory's.

Attachments

• attachment-17.jpeg
    attachment-17.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 59
Atxpunx said:
I did not witness it swimming upside down, but google images makes me believe that it is an upside down catfish. At the store I thought,"sterbai Cory?". Thanks everyone.

If they dont have a place to hide their pretty frantic, and you would of surely noticed an upside down fish :O so my guess is a cory

Notice how its barbels at the front angle forward? Also two of the barbel pairs split unlike any cory cats barbels. The type syno you have at maturity will have a beautiful long dorsal fin.

Back
Top Bottom