Fish Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppygourami

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone,

So my birthday is coming up soon (hurray!) and my parents said I can get a whole load of stuff for my aquarium. I'm hoping on getting some live plants and getting rid of/adding new fish.
Currently I have:
2 Male Dwarf Gourami (I'm returning the smaller one due to aggression)
1 Juvenile Marble Angelfish (re-homing when older, he/she was rescued:))
1 Black Molly
Now this black molly is preeetty old now and she seems a little weak so I will be re-homing her as well.

This is my future tank plan:
1 Male Dwarf Gourami
1 Juvenile Marble Angelfish
1 Plecostamus (what kind should I get?)
1/2 Bolivian Rams (should I get a pair or just one?)
5 Neon/Cardinal Tetras

Of course I will be getting some plants so here is my list of those
2-3 Banana Plants
1 Moss Ball
1 Bundle of Anarchis
1-2 Bundles of Bitter Cress
1 Chain Sword

What else should I get? Any suggestions or things that I should change?

Thank you:lol::fish2:

Hi everyone,

So my birthday is coming up soon (hurray!) and my parents said I can get a whole load of stuff for my aquarium. I'm hoping on getting some live plants and getting rid of/adding new fish.

Currently I have:

1 Black Molly

Now this black molly is preeetty old now and she seems a little weak so I will be re-homing her as well.

1 Male Dwarf Gourami

5 Neon/Cardinal Tetras

2-3 Banana Plants

1 Moss Ball

1 Bundle of Anarchis

1 Chain Sword

What's the tank size? If you really want a pleco do a clown or bristlenose. Both stay under 6 inches. Pleco's are known to be poop machines so make sure you have plenty of filtration.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

What's the tank size? If you really want a pleco do a clown or bristlenose. Both stay under 6 inches. Pleco's are known to be poop machines so make sure you have plenty of filtration.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

23 gallons : 30 L, 15 H, 12 W

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Plecos are nice but they are poop machines. I really like otos but they need an established tank with lots of algae, they also like to be kept in groups.

I agree with having a group of otos. They are very social with each other. At least mine are. They are always hanging out eating in the same area.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

+1 to otos. Other than that your stock sounds good, as long as you plan to rehome the angel when it grows.

Hi everyone,

Currently I have:

1 Black Molly

1 Male Dwarf Gourami

5 Neon/Cardinal Tetras

2-3 Banana Plants

1 Moss Ball

1 Bundle of Anarchis

1 Chain Sword

About the Bolivians. From my experience they are really hard to sex and sometimes even if they are the opposite sex so I would get a pair only if you are Certain they are opposite sex. Maybe you should get a breeders pair online then sell the babies when they are older or just let nature take its corse and let the other fish eat them. It's up to you really.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

About the Bolivians. From my experience they are really hard to sex and sometimes even if they are the opposite sex so I would get a pair only if you are Certain they are opposite sex. Maybe you should get a breeders pair online then sell the babies when they are older or just let nature take its corse and let the other fish eat them. It's up to you really.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I see and thank you. I'm rethinking about them and I might get different fish instead. thanks :D

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Okay everyone. My stock has changed throughout the past week or so, so this is how it is now.

2 Angelfish (one pretty smaller than the other but still getting along)
5 neon tetras
5 zebra danios
2 Dwarf Gouramis

I haddddd to rescue the other angel! I had to! She/he was in a tank with a bunch of hugeeee Angels (he's only about two inches) and they were chasing her like crazy and half her fins were torn. In my tank she's doing 100x better and I know I can't keep her but I absolutely had to rescue her from all those larger Angels. I also got neon tetras and danios because they're lively and they really make the tank look great. Everyone's getting along and I'm hoping on getting 4-5 otos ASAP and forgetting about the bolivian rams for the time being.

Thanks!
Namirah

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Okay everyone. My stock has changed throughout the past week or so, so this is how it is now.

2 Angelfish (one pretty smaller than the other but still getting along)
5 neon tetras
5 zebra danios
2 Dwarf Gouramis

I haddddd to rescue the other angel! I had to! She/he was in a tank with a bunch of hugeeee Angels (he's only about two inches) and they were chasing her like crazy and half her fins were torn. In my tank she's doing 100x better and I know I can't keep her but I absolutely had to rescue her from all those larger Angels. I also got neon tetras and danios because they're lively and they really make the tank look great. Everyone's getting along and I'm hoping on getting 4-5 otos ASAP and forgetting about the bolivian rams for the time being.

Thanks!
Namirah

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

1 gourami. That's it no exceptions. If you do two you will see aggression problems eventually.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom