Fish TB!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shope.hannah

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have fish tb running rapid in my 20g tank I have had setup for almost a year. This has been happening for a while and I can't seem to find any cures. I have tried a medicine I had to order and it didn't help. I have had 5 fish die since the start of this. One will die, and a month later there will be another fish with the symptoms. It dies and the same process starts all over again. All I can figure is let them die out and then get rid of the gravel and all ornaments and Clorox the tank and start over another time. Any suggestions that don't pertain to my thinking? Or how to cure?

I can honestly say ive never experienced it. I hope you get it sorted out though and will be interested in the answers to this. Be very careful when you or anybody else in the tank because it can be passed to humans so wash your hands!! Are you sure its tb?

Yea I've been being extremely careful. Making sure I have no cuts exc when having to touch the water. And I'm pretty sure that's what it is, just because of the process. When I explain the symptoms to anyone on here or in general, no one has a clue because they've never had one do that. So, they look up tb and that's the closest thing to it. It's strange. I was just wondering if any one else had any other clues to what it could be. The tail starts fraying. When I tell people that all I hear is fin rot. But I've experienced that before and it's totally different. They don't rot away and just keep getting ate away, it's like the layer around the tail that keeps all the little fins in place just goes away. So all the little fins have nothing holdin them together. I've tried to get pictures but the fins are so fine it's hard to see what I'm talkin about. After this, the color of their body starts to fade. A few weeks later they die. It takes a month after the death for another one to start showing the symptoms.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or info on this? Could I be wrong? I hope so! Any suggestions are appreciated.

Well, this has happened to platys, and two of my bottom feeder catfish. I have a swordtail and platy currently with the symptoms. And neons and a algae eater without any symptoms

Back
Top Bottom