Fish to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guggiboy123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone I'm a newbie to fish. I'm going to be getting from anywhere from a 30 to 60 gallon tank. What are some good fish to get that arnt to hard to take care of?

Welcome to AA :) do you have any particular fish or type that you like. I'm guessing you wanna go fresh water first and not salt right? Id recommend a SW tank ;)

Mrc8858 said:
Welcome to AA :) do you have any particular fish or type that you like. I'm guessing you wanna go fresh water first and not salt right? Id recommend a SW tank ;)

Yes I'm going with fresh water.. I like cichlids but they look like a harder fish to maintain

Cichlids can be a great start but research is a must though because most can be very aggressive

Edit* also most cichlids will need a large tank so bigger the better

Mrc8858 said:
Cichlids can be a great start but research is a must though because most can be very aggressive

Edit* also most cichlids will need a large tank so bigger the better

Ok thank u do u know of any could sites with some info on them....also is there any other fish u would recomend

You can go to liveaquaria.com and they can provide good info on each fish...just browse around for awhile and find what you like then bring it here

Mrc8858 said:
You can go to liveaquaria.com and they can provide good info on each fish...just browse around for awhile and find what you like then bring it here

Ok thank u soo much:)

Mrc8858 said:

I think I would get some electric blue cichlids

Mrc8858 said:

Also Kenya and electric yellow cichlids

Yellow Labs are a great starter mbuna and are on the low end of the aggression scale but kenyi can be highly aggressive I wouldn't reccomend them to begin with. You could do a group of mbunas like yellow labs and electric blues

If you have the yellow lab I would get peaceful african cichlids like kribs. Generally you want all the fish in your tank to have the same temperment.

bettaowner said:
If you have the yellow lab I would get peaceful african cichlids like kribs. Generally you want all the fish in your tank to have the same temperment.

What if I get 3 electric blues and 3 electric yellows

If its all males that'll be fine or you could do 1 male of each and three females of each for two breeding groups but you'll need a 55 gallon or bigger preferably

Mrc8858 said:
If its all males that'll be fine or you could do 1 male of each and three females of each for two breeding groups but you'll need a 55 gallon or bigger preferably

Ok I'll post what size tank I get when I buy one

Mrc8858 said:
If its an option get a 75 they are great tanks

+1 they really are a great newbie tank, it may sound like a lot but the larger body of water helps keep the lvs in check, as well as provides countless stocking options.

Not only for the new to the hobby, but even later when you have been in the hobby for a while and want to try the harder fish to keep.

Aski247 said:
+1 they really are a great newbie tank, it may sound like a lot but the larger body of water helps keep the lvs in check, as well as provides countless stocking options.

Not only for the new to the hobby, but even later when you have been in the hobby for a while and want to try the harder fish to keep.

Srry guys wasn't able to get a big tank I got a 25 and two 10 gallons

Back
Top Bottom