Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Planted Odyssey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just picked up some green gecko from Hans, along with some buces. Ill tell you how the gecko goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up some green gecko from Hans, along with some buces. Ill tell you how the gecko goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did order some green gecko from him a while back, but it, along with my other Crypts, arrived melted. I don't know if I'd order from there again or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Currently working out some details to get a cool Crypt and some small/medium sized Echinodorus plants. Details to come later.

Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Low-Light Tank

Echinodorus Hadi Red Pearl (midground) and Echinodorus Vesuvius are going to be added to this scape, along with Crypt Metallic Affinis Red. I'll be putting much more Anubias in this tank as well. No more Buces will be added. I'll be moving the Red Flame Sword to the right side of the tank. It'll most likely go in the corner.

Echinodorus Hadi Red Pearl (midground) and Echinodorus Vesuvius are going to be added to this scape, along with Crypt Metallic Affinis Red. I'll be putting much more Anubias in this tank as well. No more Buces will be added. I'll be moving the Red Flame Sword to the right side of the tank. It'll most likely go in the corner.

In addition, Anubias coffeefolia, Anubias nana 'petite', Anubias nana 'gold', DHG, and Dwarf Sag will be added to the tank. I should be getting these at the end of next week.

Here's a sneak peak of the two Echinodorus plants that I'll be receiving:
Vesuvius The sword on the left -- Echinodorus Hadi Pearl Red

I could not find a good position for my Red Flame Sword, so I sold it. It would most likely take over my tank anyway. The two Swords that I'll be getting are a good size for my tank.

That tank is filling out. Real estate getting slim. Hopefully once you get all of your plants in and settled you can start to kick back and enjoy it.

That tank is filling out. Real estate getting slim. Hopefully once you get all of your plants in and settled you can start to kick back and enjoy it.

All I'll have to do after getting the plants is get a couple more background plants. I plan on adding one more type of fish, and possibly a hardy invert. I'm wary on inverts though since I haven't been able to keep any alive beyond a couple months (Assassin Snails, a CPO a couple years back). I think it'd be cool to have a type of shrimp roaming on the Anubias.

I have descent luck with Amanos in my 20L. I would love to put em in my 90g but I know I would be feeding dem EBA's

I have descent luck with Amanos in my 20L. I would love to put em in my 90g but I know I would be feeding dem EBA's

Theresa also recommended them, so they sound like a hardy invert. I was also thinking about adding CPDs. Either that, or I can bring back the Threadfin Rainbowfish clan. I still have one Threadfin that has lived for 2+ years. He is the lone survivor from a group of 8. I really liked them when I had them, so they're on the top of the list.

Yes. The Amanos do seem to be pretty hardy. I have lost 2 of them in 6months I'd say.
Still have 3 in my 20L running DIY co2 with no issues.

I got plenty of goodies today! After planting, I've got to say that I like this scape better than the high tech scape that I had. It's full of various colors and different shades of green. I'll be adding some Dwarf Sag from good ole' Fresh this weekend, and I'll eventually finalize the scape with some Crypt parva. I'll shows some pics later tonight.

By the way, I'm interested in making videos for this tank through YouTube. Thoughts?

I got plenty of goodies today! After planting, I've got to say that I like this scape better than the high tech scape that I had. It's full of various colors and different shades of green. I'll be adding some Dwarf Sag from good ole' Fresh this weekend, and I'll eventually finalize the scape with some Crypt parva. I'll shows some pics later tonight.

By the way, I'm interested in making videos for this tank through YouTube. Thoughts?

Absolutely! Make some vids! I need to do more of that with my tanks!

Update photos:

Anubias nana 'gold'

Anubias nana 'petite'

Anubias coffeefolia

FTS:

I like the contrast of lighter and darker plants. You've certainly got a variety of plants in your low light setup, especially the anubias.
Set it & Forget it.

I like the contrast of lighter and darker plants. You've certainly got a variety of plants in your low light setup, especially the anubias.
Set it & Forget it.

Thanks, Fresh! "Set it and forget it" is the plan going forward! Now I can focus on fish additions, which are always fun.

The Buces are gradually sending out leaves faster. I'm glad 3 of the 5 that I got survived and are growing slowly, but healthy.

Buce Brownie Ghost 2015

Buce Brownie Helena

Anyone have moss balls in their freshwater tanks? Looks interesting. Any comments or advice?

Anyone have moss balls in their freshwater tanks? Looks interesting. Any comments or advice?

I once did long ago. They are easy to care for, and need no special care.

Back
Top Bottom