Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Planted Odyssey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww... I'm sorry. ?

At least it was only 1 Kuhli. The powerhead is going to be sold in 2 months to accommodate for my slow swimming fish anyway. One good thing is that the that Kuhli was getting big. Around ~2.5-3 inches if I had to estimate, so the Kuhlies are healthy. I'll get another one the next time that I see them at my lfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear bout the kuhli. They do have thr ability to get into the weirdest positions.

Btw im following

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Low-Light Tank

Edited... ignore

Nothing new to report of. I'm still looking at other low-light scapes for inspiration to put a final plan into place. I've found a couple crypt sellers on TPT that I'll be buying from in a couple months. Does anyone on here commonly sell Anubias? I always look for good deals on here and TPT as I find some online plant sellers to be overpriced. Other than this, I'm getting excited about rescaping. I've had more fun with this than planning for my high-tech build last year. I guess the idea of doing less work is more appealing.

What kind of anubias are you looking for?

I'll be wanting these types by the time New Year's rolls around: Anubias sp. 'Coffeefolia', Anubias Nana 'Gold', and more Anubias nana 'petite'. Maybe even an interesting other small type if I'd happen to run into it. I'll be getting regular nana from Petsmart.

Ok, I was going to say by the time your looking for some I should have more nana if you wanted some.

I know an online seller who only does ebay and aquabid. I've purchased plants from him for years. Good prices and cheap shipping. If you want his info pm me as I don't usually do names in the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I don't think I'm going to get swords for this tank. I think it'd disturb the flow of the tank. I'm debating on the Java Fern too. I don't like the look of Bolbitis heudelotii. When I look at cryptocoryne aquascapes online, I usually see grassy plants and Anubias paired with it. At times, Java Fern is mixed in with it.

How many kuhlis do you still have? It may not be worth the risk of introducing disease just for one more fish. Just IMO.

Did you find cryptocoryne wendtii 'green gecko'? It's hard to find.

Java fern trident or windelov might contrast well with the crypts. Regular java fern looks a lot like a crypt which may take away from the scape.

How many kuhlis do you still have? It may not be worth the risk of introducing disease just for one more fish. Just IMO.

Did you find cryptocoryne wendtii 'green gecko'? It's hard to find.

Java fern trident or windelov might contrast well with the crypts. Regular java fern looks a lot like a crypt which may take away from the scape.

I currently have 5 Kuhlies, so I'll take up your advice on that. I have seen that crypt for sale on hanaquatics.com. Currently, I'm planning on getting it from a member of TPT. Other than that, I haven't seen it available anywhere else. About the Java Fern, I'll go with the Windelov. Do you know if that type of Java Fern gets big in low-light?

I currently have 5 Kuhlies, so I'll take up your advice on that. I have seen that crypt for sale on hanaquatics.com. Currently, I'm planning on getting it from a member of TPT. Other than that, I haven't seen it available anywhere else. About the Java Fern, I'll go with the Windelov. Do you know if that type of Java Fern gets big in low-light?

I created a thread on this and although nothing was conclusive I think lost people agreed that in general Java ferns stay smaller in low light. So I'd say no it will stay relatively small.

I created a thread on this and although nothing was conclusive I think lost people agreed that in general Java ferns stay smaller in low light. So I'd say no it will stay relatively small.

That will be a good thing for my scape actually. My current Java Fern in the high-tech build is huge, which makes the tank look smaller.

Nothing huge to report of. I sold off some plants, so this rescape is definitely going to happen...no going back. Basically, I took the first steps in transitioning my tank. I'll be having a huge plant selloff in the coming weeks (Mid-November?). The T5 HO fixture will be sold, and then after that, I'll purchase a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 and use its dimmer. After that, I'll be buying lots of Crypts (nothing too fancy...I'll be getting a couple rare-ish ones) and Anubias (lots of nana varieties, maybe some others). Fish/invert wise, I know that I'll be adding some RCS to keep the plants tidy. I thought about Threadfin Rainbowfish, but I'd like to keep it simple. Maybe I'll get some type of Barb, or a different type of small Rasbora (I currently have Harlequins). I could even get a small tetra (no Neon, Cardinal, or Rummynose though; I'd like something a little less cliche if I'd go the tetra route since I've had so many ordinary tetras the past 10 years).

Two of my current favorite fish are green neons and pygmy spotted rasboras. Neither are shy and both show really great color!

Crypt wendtii 'Florida Sunset', Crypt wendtii 'Bronze', Crypt wendtii 'Green Gecko', Crypt balansae, Crypt nurii 'Rosen Maiden', Crypt Metallic Affinis Red, Crypt pontederiifolia, Crypt parva, Crypt wendtii 'Mi Oya'

Updated Crypt list:

Crypt balansae
Crypt wendtii 'Florida Sunset'
Crypt wendtii 'Bronze'
Crypt undulata (far midground to background)
Crypt wendtii 'Green Gecko'
Crypt nurii
Crypt Metallic Affinis red
Crypt willisii sp. willisi (foreground plant; I'm not going with parva)

Also, I'm now planning on getting small swords for the background...I just don't know which type(s) yet. I'm a month away from tearing down the current high tech-er. I'm looking forward to less tank maintenance.

I'm pondering over the idea of getting some buces for this tank. Nothing fancy, of course. I would aim at getting the cheaper ones.

Buces are awesome. I went on an impulse buy and got about 6 prices each with 5+ leaves for $9 from Han. They are so beautiful. I really like the Florida sunset crypt species! Pics plz!

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs
Cn

Back
Top Bottom