Fishless Cycle--Done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
David just posted a thread on Prime and effected parameters. Maybe you could chime in there and follow along to see. I have not noticed any effect in my usings of conditioner

Day 18-

Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 1.5
Nitrate- Did not test
pH- 7.5

No progress for today :-/

Wait, no, it IS progress. Yesterday you had a tiny tiny tiny amount of ammonia. Today you have 0. That means you'll probably have a pretty good nitrite spike going by tomorrow or Sunday.

Remember, you dosed 2ppm yesterday right? so that converted to nitrIte. Since you reading stayed the same, but the ammonia is gone, you converted 1.5ppm nitrIte to nitrAte.

Keep an eye on things, this is where I got stuck. I stayed doing this for a week. I skipped a day dosing to finish up. Since I was converting 1.5-2ppm a day, when I didn't feed ammonia, I was able to take out the remaining nitrIte, and then continue to convert 2ppm ammonia, now all the way through nitrAte, in 24 hours.

Just a thought.

Day 19- A little concerned.

Yesterday I tested at around 3:00. Everything was good. I woke up a little early this morning and decided to test. I am showing 0.25ppm ammonia. Is this because it hasn't yet been 24 hours? Shouldn't it have been 0 by now?

Anyway,

Ammonia-0.25
Nitrite-1.5
Nitrate-Did not test
pH-Still stable at 7.5

So I am a little worried. I am going to test for ammonia at 3 o clock today. Should I skip a day dosing, or what?

I wouldn't worry, you converted 1.75ppm ammonia in like 18 hours, you can almost guaruntee the last .25 will be out by 3, like you said.

Cheap stabs, that's all they are
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Besides Nick, your cycle can't finish yet, cuz you don't know what you're putting in yet.

When I tell my cycle to finish, it'll finish because I am just all that powerful.

LOL no for real though, by the time my cycle is done I will know the fish I am getting.

Cheap stabs but good ones...*evil laugh*

Do yo have a wish list Marconis?

I bought some long fin gold Danios yesterday...zebras maybe? They look great with the cardinals! Oooh, I also bought a bunch of plants. You should go with some plants.

Day 20-

Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 1.5 (What is my tank a clone of neilan's :lol: ) ?
pH- 7.5

Should I skip a day of dosing? Why is it stalled?

Back
Top Bottom