Flashing on the sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmedic25

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do thoes of you who have sand see your fish flashing sometimes? My guys will swim fast and scratch on the sand. Then scoop up a big mouthful and spit it out. Then use thier tails to clear out a space under a rock. Its really cool..Is some flashing normal? I see no ich signs. Water is perfect at 8.2 and 125GH look great and eat like crazy.

flashing can be normal, not to worry about. but if other wierd symptoms occur, there is the possibility of parasites, so try to keep an eye out.

the scooping sand and spitting out is them filtering it through to find food. its really cool.

when they clear space out under the rock, they are making a little den or a place for fry to hide, its usually a good sign for spawning! :)

mine havnt flashed much in weeks, idk why they stopped. could be something in the water that a pwc sorted out. but it seems quite a normal thing cichlids do x

yep, some of mine flash right before feeding time & then again right after. not on a regular basis just randomly. at first i thought they had problems but it just seems to be something they do.

I always thought flashing was bad. Is it ok when a fish flashes once in awhile?

yep. unless they are either really bloated, not eating, extremely thin or have worms/bugs hanging off them, its quite normal. ecpecially just after a pwc x

Good to know. Once in a while one of my fish does flash. I freak out and really clean the tank because I think something is wrong. Only been doing the hobby for a year and learning alot thanks.

iv been on here since April... i cannot believe i havnt been on here for like 5 years, i must have gone on AA like nearly every day its so addictive! in this time, iv figured out how great a community a bit of knowledge and politeness can make. and there is so much to share and learn on here.

dont worry about little q's, i personally love to find new info :)

wooo go education!! haha x

iv been on here since April... i cannot believe i havnt been on here for like 5 years, i must have gone on AA like nearly every day its so addictive! in this time, iv figured out how great a community a bit of knowledge and politeness can make. and there is so much to share and learn on here.

dont worry about little q's, i personally love to find new info :)

wooo go education!! haha x

This ^^^

Back
Top Bottom