Flatworm babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TracyFacey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone identify the species of this flatworm? Well I'm assuming it is a flatworm anyway based off what I've seen online.
It started with one. I thought it was a snail baby because I came home and my water was cloudy one day and my snail was tapping on my tank... Three months later I see one of these. and now there are at least 30. This is in my 3 gal picotope tank.

I am going to get a sixline wrasse today if it will take care of this because now I have them in my 65 gallon as well! :( this makes me very sad.

I would rather not use flatware next it because this will release toxins into the water that can kill my fish and we just moved the tank so it's in a mini cycle right now as it is...

ID on picture 1 and 2 from a previous post would be great! 2 is a huge worm in my 65 gal that is about 7-9 inches.

You are all amazing and my fish and I thank you very much.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388685838.639237.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388685855.038712.jpg

Also my bta had what I think is a baby in my 65 gallon! It's the size if a pencil tip eraser and the mommy is at least 12 inches. I feel like I just had my first grandchild! LOL

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388685974.532575.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388685960.414190.jpg

Can someone identify the species of this flatworm? Well I'm assuming it is a flatworm anyway based off what I've seen online.
It started with one. I thought it was a snail baby because I came home and my water was cloudy one day and my snail was tapping on my tank... Three months later I see one of these. and now there are at least 30. This is in my 3 gal picotope tank.

I am going to get a sixline wrasse today if it will take care of this because now I have them in my 65 gallon as well! :( this makes me very sad.

I would rather not use flatware next it because this will release toxins into the water that can kill my fish and we just moved the tank so it's in a mini cycle right now as it is...

ID on picture 1 and 2 from a previous post would be great! 2 is a huge worm in my 65 gal that is about 7-9 inches.

You are all amazing and my fish and I thank you very much.

View attachment 214753
View attachment 214754

The flat worms are bad in the tank then?

That flatworm is harmless. They are seen in new setups and disappear as fast as they came. Nothing to worry about. 6 line wrasses aren't guaranteed to eat flatworms.

Well thanks for the feedback. Wish I new this sooner. Good news is the flatworms are gone and the wrasse is a beautiful new addition to my tank. Thanks mr x! You are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom