Fluval 105 or 106 enough filtration for a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was researching canister filters, and found my two favorite filters. I need a filter for a ten gallon tank. Do you guys think one of these would work? What do you think?

I was researching canister filters, and found my two favorite filters. I need a filter for a ten gallon tank. Do you guys think one of these would work? What do you think?

A either one should be enough for a 10gal, but you could even go up to a 205 / 206 if you wanted. I've been considering a 105 for my son's 10gal.

jcolon said:
A either one should be enough for a 10gal, but you could even go up to a 205 / 206 if you wanted. I've been considering a 105 for my son's 10gal.

Thanks for such a fast reply! :) ok, I just wanted to make sure it would be enough...

The 105 does not have the bio foam, correct? And the 106 does?

If your referring to fluval foam packs, the 105 does have an area for it. The main thing is the 105 / 106 have 2 media baskets, so you figure one basket for biomax, or some other ceramic media, the other (bottom basket) you can use to stuff polyester fill.

jcolon said:
If your referring to fluval foam packs, the 105 does have an area for it. The main thing is the 105 / 106 have 2 media baskets, so you figure one basket for biomax, or some other ceramic media, the other (bottom basket) you can use to stuff polyester fill.

I though they had 3... so does the 106 have the foam?

i have a fluval 205 and a rena filstar xp3 on my 55gal.. be prepared with the fluval for tough priming and a pain in the rear to restart after every maintenance.. compared to rena i would trade my piece of fluval anyday if you must go fluval keep the reciept owning both i put a small filstar on my small tank and put the fluvall 205 on the 55 as an extra filter with my xp.. i got the fluval 205 on sale for 50.00 and still got robbed. my 55 actually has 3 filters but my tinfoil barbs and blood parrot are a filter load plus the waterfall power is kinda just for the heck of it but the tank does well i just hate fooling with my fluval more than any thing

Back
Top Bottom