Fluval 305 Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55g freshwater tank and I'm just starting to add live plants. I need a new filter and I'm considering the Fluval 305 canister filter. Can anyone tell me if they are a good filter? I've always just had filters that hang on the back of the tank so know nothing about canister filters.:oops:

I have a 55g freshwater tank and I'm just starting to add live plants. I need a new filter and I'm considering the Fluval 305 canister filter. Can anyone tell me if they are a good filter? I've always just had filters that hang on the back of the tank so know nothing about canister filters.:oops:

For the few extra dollars go for the 405, the extra media tray can give you an extra option for customizing filtration.

:agree:
I have a 304 on my 55G, but also use UG. It does good, but if I was purcashing a new one today, I would go with the 406 unless there is a substancial price difference between a 405 and the 406.

In fact, just picked up a 106 for my 20L. Should be here next week!

i got my 306 off amazon for 115, actually cheaper than the 305, and it was brand new

i have the 305 on my 60g hex, had it for about7 months and im thinking of getting a better one like the 405 ... i wish/should have just got the better one in the 1st place

look on amazon, generally cheaper than your LFS ..

Back
Top Bottom