Fluval C Series - Flow Rate to W/D Section Changes When Changing Overall Flow Rate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajwan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

My first post here. A little about me: I was big into freshwater planted aquariums when I was in my early teens up until my late teens when undergraduate schooling got in the way. I was so happy at the results I got with the limited budget I had in my 25 gallon. Fast-forwards 20 years later with two kids (6 and 3) begging me for pets and now I'm back! Keeping it real simple with a 10 gallon with fake plants and minimal substrate (after all, who do you think will be taking care of this?).

My question. I'm cycling my tank now and I am running a single Fluval C2. As I was checking things out on the C2, and was toggling the overall flow rate, I noticed that the water flow rate going into the wet/dry section (from the spouty thing) decreased when I maxed the flow rate. The water flow rate going into the wet/dry section increased upwhen I reduced the flow rate. Is this normal?

Thanks kindly and nice to be here.

Regards,
Andrew

Yes..Totally normal. I have three of these units and they all work just like yours..and quite well at that! Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes..Totally normal. I have three of these units and they all work just like yours..and quite well at that! Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

same here. I have two C3's & a C4.

BTW: They are great filters. Suggestion: ditch the carbon and use Seachem Purigen. Works better and lasts longer. People on here love it.

Thanks for all the replies!

It would have been better if the flow could be maintained to the w/d section regardless of the filter output.

As I have mentioned, I am cycling my tank (Day 6). I've ditched the carbon and filled the basket it with ceramics instead. I've also noted that there seemed to be a lot of room still available in the w/d section after filling it up with the nodes the filter comes with. I've topped off this section with more ceramics. Let's see how it goes I guess!

I've noted your suggestions with Seachem Purigen. Seems like a great product. As I only plan to run this one filter (C2) in my kid's 10 gallon, I'm hoping that the added ceramics will be of benefit (not withstanding what looks like an awesome product in Seachem), and bi-weekly (or more often) 33% water changes. Is this OK, or should I indeed go with Seachem in the carbon basket?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom