fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jmkb02 said:
Did u get any pics of the tangs?

I did a little video on my phone and I was able to get a picture from the video. I apologize if the quality is bad.

Attachments

• image-2805524889.jpg
    image-2805524889.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1390719665.jpg
    image-1390719665.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 83
I just read your thread! Hehe! All I know is I'm hitting you up when I start looking for corals! I'm still looking for lights and now I'm going to put them on the longer 55 gallon...sighs. So excited for you though!!!!

When I first started my 14 gallon the damsels I bought had ick, I didn't know but I'm pretty sure they did.
I just did pwcs and the ich went away. Not sure why, can't explain it, but it was gone after a few days.
You may just wanna keep an eye on him, or get him and attempt to nurse him back to health.

Zactheninja said:
When I first started my 14 gallon the damsels I bought had ick, I didn't know but I'm pretty sure they did.
I just did pwcs and the ich went away. Not sure why, can't explain it, but it was gone after a few days.
You may just wanna keep an eye on him, or get him and attempt to nurse him back to health.

Yeah... I've got a few more days before I can buy a fish. Im going back and forth about whether or not to get him.

Alrighty... 3 gal pwc. Salinity is 1.025. Temp 78-79

Tested water after pwc and here it is.
Is it safe to say that when ammonia and nitrites are zero I can just do a big pwc and then go buy something living? Cause I really want to...

Attachments

• image-609163544.jpg
    image-609163544.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 72
Bearchumjs said:
Alrighty... 3 gal pwc. Salinity is 1.025. Temp 78-79

Tested water after pwc and here it is.
Is it safe to say that when ammonia and nitrites are zero I can just do a big pwc and then go buy something living? Cause I really want to...

Trites dontt look to be 0..but in life they could be! Do a pwc, and after maybe go buy a cheap crab ir shrimp!

Gboy66 said:
Trites dontt look to be 0..but in life they could be! Do a pwc, and after maybe go buy a cheap crab ir shrimp!

They arent 0. Neither is ammonia. But once everything zeros out I should be able to do a pwc to lower nitrates and then go buy a hermit crab or something, right?

Yes!! And it'll be the most excited you'll ever be to buy a creepy crawly dude!! They're kinda (sorta) cute when all you can see is their legs an eyes, but not AI cute when they crawl out and you see the whole thing. Lol

Yes once ammonia and nitrite are zero go buy a couple crabs. I'm almost certainly convinced that your spike in ammonia and nitrite was cause by the whole cube of bloodworms you put in. Prolly was too much for your system to handle.

Huffers said:
Yes once ammonia and nitrite are zero go buy a couple crabs. I'm almost certainly convinced that your spike in ammonia and nitrite was cause by the whole cube of bloodworms you put in. Prolly was too much for your system to handle.

That's how I was feeling to. I think I was losing focus on the whole point of the cycling- the point is to grow the bacteria, so as long as it is processing it into nitrates I know I've got a good amount to sustain a healthy environment for some crabs and a fish. I was really hoping it would be 0's this morning! I am chewing at the bit to go buy something. Is it too early for snails? I think I'm going to get 2 hermits and a Pom Pom. :)

Your tank really doesnt need much BB, so any small creatures should be fine! If i were you, i would go out and buy some hermits:)

Gboy66 said:
Your tank really doesnt need much BB, so any small creatures should be fine! If i were you, i would go out and buy some hermits:)

Must test zero!! Lol!! Maybe I will test again real quick... ;)

Gboy66 said:
Oh..i forgot..you arent a daredevil like i am hahah

Lol! Stop encouraging me to go fast. What will the hermits eat? Is there bottom feeder tabs like they make for freshwater tanks?

Ok Gboy- I tested ammonia- 0! Nitrites- .25
Not much longer. I've got the water heating for my pwc. As soon as this nitrites are gone its on like donkey kong!!

Bearchumjs said:
Ok Gboy- I tested ammonia- 0! Nitrites- .25
Not much longer. I've got the water heating for my pwc. As soon as this nitrites are gone its on like donkey kong!!

Ahah so close!!! What are trates? After that PWC i wanna see acclimation pics lol.

Back
Top Bottom