fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have that same food and ALL of my fish LOVE it. Haha good buy. Cant wait to see them in the tank!! Drip for about an hour IMO :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I have that same food and ALL of my fish LOVE it. Haha good buy. Cant wait to see them in the tank!! Drip for about an hour IMO :)

Ok. They have about 25minutes left... It's taking forever....

Zactheninja said:
Good picks!
Sorry to hear about the goby.

It's ok. It's probably a good thing cause I would have bought it and that would be adding alot of livestock at once. The LFS guy said I could order one when I'm ready for one. So that's what I will do.

Bearchumjs said:
It's ok. It's probably a good thing cause I would have bought it and that would be adding alot of livestock at once. The LFS guy said I could order one when I'm ready for one. So that's what I will do.

Sounds like a good deal to me :)

And here they are!

I ended up with 3 blue leg hermits. One of the empty shells wasnt empty. And there may be one more...

image-4106928129.jpg

I have my suspicions that this larger shell has something in it...

Attachments

• image-4208259368.jpg
    image-4208259368.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2850624684.jpg
    image-2850624684.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 75
  • image-160723001.jpg
    image-160723001.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2696184371.jpg
    image-2696184371.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 92
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Great pick ups!!! Haha i love your crab! :eek:

Um- so that she'll I think something is living in? Something is in there. Not a crab. Not a snail. Looks filter feederish.. Would a feather duster take up residence inside of a shell!? I'm going to try and get a photo...

Ok- when I picked up the shell it retracted in. I could see a tiny tube. I held it for a minute and it came back out. Here is the best pic I could get.

Attachments

• image-2060750508.jpg
    image-2060750508.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2953440804.jpg
    image-2953440804.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 95
Alright! The day has finally come! Looks like you got some good buys and I'm glad your nitrites were at 0 after your water change. Keep us updated on how they look tonight.

I also picked up something cool at my LFS today....a new rock covered with mushroom corals. Off to go acclimate!

Awesome, new saltwater mommy!

So there is something on the shell, not in the shell?

scottayy said:
Awesome, new saltwater mommy!

So there is something on the shell, not in the shell?

It's in the shell. The end of the shell that would normally be closed is broken open. Probably fell or had a rock fall on it. So if you look inside the hole you can see a little tube opening. Then the "tentacles" come out when not disturbed for a minute. They are white and feathery looking. I think it's a feather duster worm! If it is should I place the shell in the sandbed? Near rock? Away from it? Shaded or in the open? Do I need to buy phytoplankton?!

Probably just some kind of tube worm or tunicate. Could totally be a feather duster though. Although I think there is some kind of difference between the big ones that you buy and the ones that hitchhike on things.

I put it down in the sand bed... I hope it does ok. One hermit was trying to carry the other hermit... I had to separate them. The emerald crab is staying busy. I sure like my new critters!

scottayy said:
Probably just some kind of tube worm or tunicate. Could totally be a feather duster though. Although I think there is some kind of difference between the big ones that you buy and the ones that hitchhike on things.

Well it's cool whatever it is.

Bearchumjs said:
Awesome! Are you posting a picture somewhere? Let me know the thread!

Here's a pic!

That's awesome you were able to get an emerald crab! I've thought about ordering one for myself as they are really good reef safe scavengers.

Attachments

• image-2064084990.jpg
    image-2064084990.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 86
Or it could be a coral killing self-duplicating vicious demon.

JK it's probably cool.

Back
Top Bottom