fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great choice, it's really coming along. Now go grt your corals!

It looks awesome at night! It's a 12W LED with 4 whites, 6 blues, 1 green, 1 red.

Attachments

• image-822533460.jpg
    image-822533460.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 74
Thanks guys! I owe it all to you guys. You've been so awesome sharing your knowledge! I could not have done this without you all!

I just had to explain to the kids that they can't play with the light... Once I get corals they can't be moving it all over the place!

Can you guys identify these? Frag guy put a new listing on Craigslist and I noticed these corals. It's not a great photo so hopefully you can tell what they are. I wouldn't get these specific ones cause they look really big, but I'm sure he has smaller frags of them.

Attachments

• image-1032179572.jpg
    image-1032179572.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 79
The one on the left looks like a leather, center possibly a duster, and I can really tell for the one on the right. Possible a sea fan or maybe a sps??

Jmkb02 said:
The one on the left looks like a leather, center possibly a duster, and I can really tell for the one on the right. Possible a sea fan or maybe a sps??

I know it's a bad photo. I didn't take it. I saved it off craigslist...

Im afraid I'm going to buy something that i'll surely kill.

Well you can pretty much do anything with that tank. You have everything you need I grow anything, saying that I wouldn't suggest you go out and spend a few hundred dollars on sps, or non photo synthesis. You can get some nice pieces and still stay within hardy corals. The leather he has is rather large, I would prob want to go with smaller frags and let your corals grow. Let you Lfs know you are purchasing for a pico and they may work with you. Mine will frag up a few zoas and other softies for me and then I will pick them up a few days later. Ask you never know... :) good luck

Non-photosynthetic corals are extremely easy to care for too. Sun corals and feather dusters look really nice.

scottayy said:
Non-photosynthetic corals are extremely easy to care for too. Sun corals and feather dusters look really nice.

I want a sun coral and a feather duster.

If I were to get a leather or a birdsnest it should do ok though, right? Or does my tank need more maturity? Cause i xan go with a mushroom or zoa if it is better for the tank. I am just going to have to take the plunge! lol!

I would start slow and easy, mushrooms and zoas :p after you get more confidence you can get some more difficult sps! You dont have alk, mag, calc tests do you?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would start slow and easy, mushrooms and zoas :p after you get more confidence you can get some more difficult sps! You dont have alk, mag, calc tests do you?

*high pitch singy voice*: I do not!

Bearchumjs said:
I want a sun coral and a feather duster.

If I were to get a leather or a birdsnest it should do ok though, right? Or does my tank need more maturity? Cause i xan go with a mushroom or zoa if it is better for the tank. I am just going to have to take the plunge! lol!

You have the light for the corals, but all your other levels are still shakey at best. Nothing you can really do, your tank just needs time! So i would go for easier corals my first couple buys then move into others

Do you have the flow for SPS? I think all you have for flow is your HOB filter, right?

Yes. It's 90gph. Is leather sps? I wanted to put it on top of the rock beneath the filters return where the water pours out.

Back
Top Bottom