fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I'm pretty sure she meant goby lol. Nikki knows her stuff....

See all my pods!? They are the little white specks on the glass.

Attachments

• image-1985387394.jpg
    image-1985387394.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 72
Are you sure they're pods and not hydroids?

Hydroid.jpg

scottayy said:
Are you sure they're pods and not hydroids?

I'm pretty sure they aren't hydroids. As best as I can tell without a magnifying glass they look like Copepods to me. They zoom around on the glass.

Are hydroids bad?

Have you noticed a lot of evaporation caused by your airstone? I know a lot of hobbyist prefer not to use them for saltwater because of the water they displace out of the aquarium due to all the bubbles popping at the surface.

I haven't noticed much evaporation at all. I barely have to top off the tank everyday. If I didn't have the lid I think the bubble stone would cause too much evaporation and water loss. It would be a mess.

How often are you feeding?

Have you hit the diatom or cyano stage yet? The cyano stage is a b word.

scottayy said:
How often are you feeding?

Have you hit the diatom or cyano stage yet? The cyano stage is a b word.

I feed once a day. About 5 or 6 tiny pellets. Only because I like watching them eat. I should probably feed them every other day?

I've seen some diatoms. No cyano. I don't even know what that will look like. My sandbed looks really clean though so I'm assuming I haven't hit that b word stage. Lol! I'm going to google cyano...

My nitrates are ~5-10ppm. (seriously- how can anyone tell those colors apart!?) I think I will do a 3 gal pwc on Wesnesday to get them lower before I get the fishy on Thursday. Do you think that's too much?

image-3352535809.jpg

Awww! They like each other! ;)

Naw, water changes are awesome. Never bad. If you get the Salifert nitrate test kit you can read as low as 0.2. It's more expensive and probably not needed. I mean 5-10 is good, lol.

Cyano sucks. I couldn't get rid of it in a 10 gallon without chemicals. Even after multiple 80% water changes and sucking it out. Hopefully you won't get it or it won't be bad.

Well, I'm not positive the snail likes the crab, but the crab sure likes the snail!! :) hopefully he's just picking algae off his shell. :eek:

I read somewhere on here a while back that there's no such thing as too many water changes. Fish love fresh SW. So change all you want, cuz at some point it's not goin to be quite as fun as it is now. :) course, considering yours is a 5gal, I guess it's not too hard to do a 20%wc, huh?!! Lol

Your tanks coming along splendidly!!! (wow! That sounded kinda fancy, didnt it?) Really, it looks great!! :)

Beengirl said:
Well, I'm not positive the snail likes the crab, but the crab sure likes the snail!! :) hopefully he's just picking algae off his shell. :eek:

I read somewhere on here a while back that there's no such thing as too many water changes. Fish love fresh SW. So change all you want, cuz at some point it's not goin to be quite as fun as it is now. :) course, considering yours is a 5gal, I guess it's not too hard to do a 20%wc, huh?!! Lol

Your tanks coming along splendidly!!! (wow! That sounded kinda fancy, didnt it?) Really, it looks great!! :)

What do you mean it won't be fun!? Lol! I have a 55 gal fresh and I still like doing water changes on it.

I think I will do a pwc Wednesday and then I'll be ready for the fish. I hope they get in some good ones for me to pick from. I need to get some RODI from the store today or tomorrow.

About the snail and crab- they fight over the food pellets so it was nice to see him (the crab) not trying to destroy the snail. I believe he was cleaning his shell. That's what it looked like.

My light will be here tomorrow! I'm so excited!!!

Back
Top Bottom