fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Sorry to hear about the goby :/ you are doing great though, keep it up!! :)

Thanks! I'm about to take some water out of the tank so that my zoas get more flow from the HOB filter. Maybe they will go back to looking like they did on the first day, cause yesterday they weren't looking so hot.

Today's Update:

Finally found some tweezers and got my zoas just how I want them. They aren't on plugs so it's super hard to move them. Plus I'm afraid they will kill me with their toxins.. I'm a sissy I guess.

Lowered water level because it creates more flow and I think my zoos wanted more flow. Cause they looked better the day before yesterday before. I topped off the tank.

Put my light on a timer! They will turn on at noon for 9 hours. Let's see how the coral like it. Hopefully the tank will do great and I can increase the photo period. But noon to 9 is fine. It's the schedule I keep my planted tank on.

Will feed my inverts a pellet or 2 later today. Will debate about getting another fish later this week. Should probably order a PH too. Hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday!

Bearchumjs said:
Today's Update:

Finally found some tweezers and got my zoas just how I want them. They aren't on plugs so it's super hard to move them. Plus I'm afraid they will kill me with their toxins.. I'm a sissy I guess.

Lowered water level because it creates more flow and I think my zoos wanted more flow. Cause they looked better the day before yesterday before. I topped off the tank.

Put my light on a timer! They will turn on at noon for 9 hours. Let's see how the coral like it. Hopefully the tank will do great and I can increase the photo period. But noon to 9 is fine. It's the schedule I keep my planted tank on.

Will feed my inverts a pellet or 2 later today. Will debate about getting another fish later this week. Should probably order a PH too. Hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday!

Have a wonderful Saturday as well! Sorry to hear about your little goby guy.

Hey you can pick this up at the LFS probably if you don't want to wait for shipping. You'll pay a little more though but sometimes I like to support the local community!

scottayy said:
Hey you can pick this up at the LFS probably if you don't want to wait for shipping. You'll pay a little more though but sometimes I like to support the local community!

They dont have what I want.

My zoas look much better today since I lowered the water level. They are getting more flow and are quite happy about it. My candy cane is getting some "pink" right around the center. It's pretty. :)

Attachments

• image-3997355102.jpg
    image-3997355102.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 72
  • image-4020148842.jpg
    image-4020148842.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 78
The corals look Great! I cant wait to start my SW adventure :)

I've been following this thread since the very beginning and you've come a long way, and everything looks amazing! Sorry about your goby though, guess he was just a weak one :/

Sorry to hear about your goby. Since it died that quickly I would attribute that to stress suffered before the move to your tank and perhaps the stress added when you bought him was the last straw. Corals are looking great though! Those are some watermelon Zoe's looks like. I've got some of those myself! They look great under the moonlights.

Huffers said:
Sorry to hear about your goby. Since it died that quickly I would attribute that to stress suffered before the move to your tank and perhaps the stress added when you bought him was the last straw. Corals are looking great though! Those are some watermelon Zoe's looks like. I've got some of those myself! They look great under the moonlights.

I imagine that it was a very stressed fish. My inverts are alive and doing great. So far the corals are looking good. What's the difference between eagle eyes and watermelons?

Check out these polyps

Attachments

• image-1168788497.jpg
    image-1168788497.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 72
Bearchumjs said:
I imagine that it was a very stressed fish. My inverts are alive and doing great. So far the corals are looking good. What's the difference between eagle eyes and watermelons?

Check out these polyps

The neon green ones to the right. They just opened today and are very different than the others!

I turned the one bunch of zoas with the neon green polyps so that I can see them. The green ones were facing the wall. Waiting for the light to turn on is killing me!

Do I need to feed my candy cane? I've read that it helps them to grow faster. Should I get a little bottle of marine snow? It would benefit the zoas also, right? I know I may not NEED to feed them, but I'd like to if there will be no I'll effects. :)

I've picked 3 little zoa polyps off of the sandbed. I guess they fell off? I didn't want them rotting in the tank.

Oh! Tested today! Everything is back to normal since the little Jake the goby went to the big ocean in the sky.

A: 0
Ni: 0
NA: 5-10ppm

Yeah, he must be hungry- Mine's feeder tentacles don't usually come out til after lights out. I give them cyclopeeze or brine, something tiny about twice a week when I feed the other corals.

Beengirl said:
Yeah, he must be hungry- Mine's feeder tentacles don't usually come out til after lights out. I give them cyclopeeze or brine, something tiny about twice a week when I feed the other corals.

I had just put a peice of food on it. Then it ate it and then the tentacles came out. I fed it another piece, then put a piece on the other two polyps. Now the crab has decided if he hangs out by it he will get fed too. Lol!

Attachments

• image-3176306086.jpg
    image-3176306086.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom