fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah get the marine snow. I use it, it's good stuff. IMO you have to feed corals. I don't think any coral gets all that it needs from the light.

Be sparing though. That stuff can foul your water quickly especially in a small tank.

scottayy said:
Yeah get the marine snow. I use it, it's good stuff. IMO you have to feed corals. I don't think any coral gets all that it needs from the light.

Be sparing though. That stuff can foul your water quickly especially in a small tank.

Cool. I'll get some. I'll follow the package directions and try not to over feed.

Hopefully Mr crabs doesn't tick of the candy cane. He seems a little obsessed with it right now.

Attachments

• image-173676659.jpg
    image-173676659.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 85
Hey guys! Someone on Craigslist is rehoming a peppermint shrimp and a cleaner shrimp. Would those work well in my aquarium with my current inverts?

- emerald crab, 2 nassarius, 3 blue leg hermits-

The add said $15 each so they know they go to a good home... I'm going to offer $5 for the 2 shrimp and tell them my tank is not sufficient for the clowns and pj cardinals they are also trying to rehome.

What do y'all think?

I'm trying to imagine my cleaner in a 5g. He has molted a bunch of times last few months and his antennae are quite long, and he's not done. I'm thinking the peppermint will be great, smaller than cleaner. But really, my cleaner has tripled in size in last month an a half, and his antennae stick out around the rock, even when I can't see his body I know he's there cuz of the antennae. Lol. Jump on that peppermint, though. :)

Beengirl said:
I'm trying to imagine my cleaner in a 5g. He has molted a bunch of times last few months and his antennae are quite long, and he's not done. I'm thinking the peppermint will be great, smaller than cleaner. But really, my cleaner has tripled in size in last month an a half, and his antennae stick out around the rock, even when I can't see his body I know he's there cuz of the antennae. Lol. Jump on that peppermint, though. :)

Thanks beengirl! I'll see about that peppermint then!

So, I'm noticing a little bit of greenish hue on on some of my rocks. I believe it's algae. What kind of snail is good at eating algae?

image-1657238315.jpg

I circled the most noticeable green spots.

Turbos but idk how much algea you have. You could probably get 1. They're algea destroyers.

Khij159753 said:
Turbos but idk how much algea you have. You could probably get 1. They're algea destroyers.

I'm looking on reefcleaners.org. I think turbos will be too big. I have very little algae starting to appear. I'm looking at getting a nerite and some dwarf ceriths.

Okay. Sounds good. Yeah if you were going to look t gettin a turbo. I don't remember the name off the top of my head but there's one that doesn't get super big like rest.

Banded trochus snails are great cleaners and move pretty quick. I love them, and they stay on rock a lot of the time. Cerith are great glass cleaners.

I have a cleaner in a 7 gallon, he's doing good so far.
And I have 3 peppermint in my 14.
Shrimps are fun, I would try for the cleaner if you could, mines awesome.

I just moved my zoas. I put them much lower in the tank. They werent really opening. My emerald crab is having quite the meal. I think he is eating dead tissue... So they look mostly ticked off in the picture. If they all open up I'll take another picture.

Anyone know why my candy cane has this one polyp that isnt inflating? It's been 2 days.

Attachments

• image-1365729079.jpg
    image-1365729079.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1289176477.jpg
    image-1289176477.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 77
While they aren't all fully open they are almost all mostly open which seems better than they were doing when they were higher up in the tank this morning.

Attachments

• image-3155531266.jpg
    image-3155531266.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 77
I Swear my
Emerald crab is going to drive me crazy. He keeps knocking over the zoas.

How can I glue them to the live rock rubble I have them sitting on? The rubble he cant move around, but he can sure knock the zoas off. Ugh.

Just use super glue to attach them to your live rock. Use the "gel" it works a lot better than the liquid glue.

Super glue gel or epoxy.
The super glue gel is like 2 for $1 at the dollar store.

Back
Top Bottom