fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about your fish. Glad to see you aren't throwing in the towel! These small tanks are so hard to maintain, my tank has been a pain since it was set up. Just some food for thought, I finally settled on a tiger goby. He is very small and pretty hardy as well. I know you aren't looking for a new addition Amy time soon but maybe you can do a bit of research in them.

Jmkb02 said:
Sorry to hear about your fish. Glad to see you aren't throwing in the towel! These small tanks are so hard to maintain, my tank has been a pain since it was set up. Just some food for thought, I finally settled on a tiger goby. He is very small and pretty hardy as well. I know you aren't looking for a new addition Amy time soon but maybe you can do a bit of research in them.

A tiger watchman goby?

Oh yeah, I'm not done with this tank! I will get the algae taken care of and get some more coral. As much as I'd love to have a fish, I'm probably just going to get a pretty shrimp or something. I will maybe eventually get another fish... But I'm definitely burnt out on trying to keep the fish alive. I'll focus on inverts and coral for now. I want some more hermits. They are fun to watch.

So sorry about your fish Jen. :( don't give up on fish, though. Maybe just try a different kind of fish when you're ready.

Bearchumjs said:
A tiger watchman goby?

Oh yeah, I'm not done with this tank! I will get the algae taken care of and get some more coral. As much as I'd love to have a fish, I'm probably just going to get a pretty shrimp or something. I will maybe eventually get another fish... But I'm definitely burnt out on trying to keep the fish alive. I'll focus on inverts and coral for now. I want some more hermits. They are fun to watch.

No a tiger goby - elacatinus macrodon. Google them they are pretty cool little guys. Mine is very active a loves to chill under my frogspawn. They don't eat very much but are very hardy.

Time to do maintenance on the tank. I'm going to do a small wc and pick some long algae off the rocks and wipe down the sides so it will look all beautiful again.

Finished. Phew. That took a long time! I will post pics tomorrow. The water was clouded and the lights have already turned off. I really wish this hair algae would go away. I know it will eventually. It just annoys me. I absolutely love this little tank though!

Bearchumjs said:
Finished. Phew. That took a long time! I will post pics tomorrow. The water was clouded and the lights have already turned off. I really wish this hair algae would go away. I know it will eventually. It just annoys me. I absolutely love this little tank though!

Took that long?! Aha i bet you are a perfectionist;) im excited for pics!

I could have spent so much longer picking algae off of everything... I hope it looks so much better tomorrow and the zoas open up all beautiful...

Bearchumjs said:

Yep. Hey!! Maybe that was his grand plan- he's purposely not eating the hair algae so that the rocks will be green and he can hide easier!!! Lol. I spotted my ruby crab this morn( well 1 claw really) I would like to catch him and take back to LFS, really. But mine is the ultimate ninja master!! Only see a glimpse every couple weeks or so. :( yours seems nicer and more likable than mine. :)

Ok- I got 2 cerith snails and 3 more blue leg hermits. Couldn't talk them into giving me a discount on any of their very sad coral, but I did get a tiny tiny bit of zoas. There's maybe 4 polyps. Greenish center with rust colored skirt thing. Anyway, I'm going to get some gel super glue and then head home to acclimate! Hooray!

New zoas!
They might be neon greens like my others. They look a little blue green. I can't wait for them to get big and spread!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45142.html

My zoa garden. I need some different colors. If anyone wants to send me some blue hornets for Christmas, let me know!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45144.html

And I've confirmed my new hermits are red legged hermits. So I have 3 red and 3 blue!

Also, I have a pineapple sponge in my HOB filter, so that's cool!

Bearchumjs said:
New zoas!
They might be neon greens like my others. They look a little blue green. I can't wait for them to get big and spread!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45142.html

My zoa garden. I need some different colors. If anyone wants to send me some blue hornets for Christmas, let me know!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45144.html

And I've confirmed my new hermits are red legged hermits. So I have 3 red and 3 blue!

Also, I have a pineapple sponge in my HOB filter, so that's cool!

I like them! Look like green dragon eyes.

You shoul have been in the secret santa!! I would have sent you some if i had gotten you:(

Oh! Dragon eyes... That's awesome. They looked different in the stores tank (bad lights). And my other green zoas are a much brighter green without the hint of blue. I'm glad to know I may have a new "breed" of zoas and not the same green ones.

I didn't know about the secret Santa. There's always next year! :)

So far so good! The new hermits have been busy busy and the snails are on the glass. The zoas opened all the way. Everything looks good! Hooray!!

Back
Top Bottom