Fluval edge 46l marine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Abno10 said:
Can any1 let me know if this is aptasia????

Definitely Aiptasia.

Best way to be rid of them is make a thick paste using hydrated like powder (kalkwasser) make it thick enough so you can use a pipette or syringe and paste a little dollop into the anemones mouth, it will digest some of it and immediately close up, the extreme alkalinity of the mix should kill the anemone first time and with the paste being thick enough and making sure you only use enough it won't affect the water quality ( to be sure turn off your pumps while you do it) this way it won't be blown around the tank or land on any of your corals.

Matt

I noticed what I thought to be a new 'shadow' in the tank this morning and then I watched it moved-I'm guessing its a nudibranch? It's hiding again now so can't post a pic but its jet black. Rounded edge, rectangular thing with two little feeler joeys on the front end. About 5cm long and 2.5cm wide. Probably about 1mm thick. It's sticking exclusively to the LR bombie. There are a few sponges amongst the structure.

Thoughts?!

Since you can't take a pic right now, can you try to google nudibranches and see if you can find something similar looking.

Yep-he looks like this from what I can gather.

Attachments

• image-4200399952.jpg
    image-4200399952.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 108
Hi all,got 2 corals today to start me off,don't know wat they are tho!!!!

image-4174138084.jpg

Attachments

• image-1245899217.jpg
    image-1245899217.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 106
????????any idea wat it is???????

View attachment 141501

1st one looks like a kenya tree. Second looks like a carnation tree coral (not sure about it) which is not a good beginner coral b/c it is non photosynthetic requiring phytoplankton often and perfect water condition. Hope it's not that b/c I doubt it would make it :/.

1st one looks like a kenya tree. Second looks like a carnation tree coral (not sure about it) which is not a good beginner coral b/c it is non photosynthetic requiring phytoplankton often and perfect water condition. Hope it's not that b/c I doubt it would make it :/.

Thanks,I was wondering wat is the brown shell thingy under the Kenya tree,it came stuck to the tree!!!and also I got phytoplankton to feed the corals!!!

Thanks,I was wondering wat is the brown shell thingy under the Kenya tree,it came stuck to the tree!!!and also I got phytoplankton to feed the corals!!!

Oops sorry about that. Strange hitchhiker. Awesome hope they flourish :)

Wat way do you look after your zoas,bear? they look nice.....tips please lol

Just make sure they have light. You don't have to feed them. Did they show up on their own or did you buy them? If they popped up on their own they are probably happy and then I'd just leave them be. If you bought them just find a spot with adequate lighting and they'll be fine.

Yeah seem like zoas. I have a few in my tank now too. Here's a latest update shot of our little setup. Things are great. Water parameters are perfect and everything is thriving.

Since last, we've added a bubble tip anemone, more zoas, some blasto morphs, a decora gobey and a pair of clowns.

Attachments

• image-514960555.jpg
    image-514960555.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 138
Yeah seem like zoas. I have a few in my tank now too. Here's a latest update shot of our little setup. Things are great. Water parameters are perfect and everything is thriving.

Since last, we've added a bubble tip anemone, more zoas, some blasto morphs, a decora gobey and a pair of clowns.

The tank looks great! What size is it again? 2 clowns and that purple firefish might be overstocking it, I'd keep an eye on nitrates for sure. You don't want gross algae or cyano mucking up that lovely tank.

Bearchumjs said:
The tank looks great! What size is it again? 2 clowns and that purple firefish might be overstocking it, I'd keep an eye on nitrates for sure. You don't want gross algae or cyano mucking up that lovely tank.

Looks awesome Ryan, 3 small fish that don't eat a whole lot will be fine in that tank, plenty of flow with that Tunze too your laughing. The corals look great!

A great job for a first timer!

Back
Top Bottom