Fluval edge owner here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shoolz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys I'm with a 23ltr fluval edge working out thiswhole cycling thing and could do with some support. I know know it's not the greatest tank but it was gifted and hey it looks pretty so I'm keeping it and I have to make it work!

Welcome to AA
TMaier is right, nano fish are really cool. I have endlers currently, and gonna get some least killifish later this summer. TMaier has celestial pearl danio's (formerly called galaxy rasbora). There are many cool nano fish, shrimp, and snails you could get.

Thanks for the suggestions guys I'll look into it.

Hi, I absolutely love my Edge tanks, have had 6, (2 -12G).

Presently I run one 6.6G 23L as a SW Nano tank and a glass only 6.6Grunn with SW MacroAlgae as a storage to hold the extras.

The FW tanks are running now are a 6.6 and a 12G.

In the 6.6G I have a group of Chili Rasbora Boraras Briggitae.

Phoenix - Boraras Merah or Strawberry - Boraras Naevus, would all be fine in there (after it is cycled).

Mini Anchor / Moth / Asian / Stone Catfish - Hara jerdoni, are often hiding but a little group of them is fine for a small space.

You can do Dwarf shrimp, Neocaridina or Caridina. Many kinds to choose from. Try and find locally bred Cherry shrimp (Neocaridina aka Neos) as a nice easy starter shrimp, as you would know they do well in your water.

But there are other colors and you might prefer them.

Ramshorn snails are nice. There are clear, spotted, blue-ish/blue-grey, tan, bronze, brown, red, grey, black, white-ish shells,
with red, orange, peachy, coral, pink, tan, black, grey, brown body.
LOL, lots of options!

Biggest thing to remember is to keep a small cup/container to scoop out water, and a quart/liter to half gallon/2 liter pitcher/container for holding removed water, handy and a towel, when you want to move something around inside the tank.

Because you will inadvertently go to move something and end up with a water over flow~!

I just picked up the 6G Edge. Looking forward to setting it up in my office [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom