Fluval g3 low flow fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmeheliboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all after hunting and hunting i could not find a fix on net and after a lot of playing i have it a fix for the g3

First things first if your flow is low clean your filter next thing to try if you flow is still low remove your filters just clip in the top part. if you still have low flow after this re seat and clean your impeller know in most places is will fix it but not all fluvial made the seating between impeller and the impeller clover to tight and as the age they warp slightly and there a little rubbing between the to now the g3 use feed back from the pump (resistant) to determine flow so because of this rubbing the motor see resistant s now the fix for the is simple after re seating impeller place the clover on and turn it full then turn in back till it starts to lift just a half a mill and that it. I hope this can help some people

Sent from my D6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a cobalt canister that always had a low flow since new I added a second inline pump, it not only resolved the low flow issue but it more than doubled it . that extra water volume per hour made a big difference in the performance of the canister , now it pulls crud out of the water I never knew was there .

Back
Top Bottom