Fluval G6 bio media or Live Rock rubble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased a fluval G6 for fowlr tank. I have one on a freshwater tank and it works great. My question is about the biological media. I usually use LR rubble in my filter. Should use that in the baskets or the bio media? Maybe a combination of both. Just looking for any suggestions.

in a tank with live rock, biomedia is not generally a concern because the lr is what houses the majority of the bacteria. i'd say you'll be fine either way

If you have enough live rock in the tank, I'd just leave the biological baskets empty or use them for additional chemical filtration.

Sooo... any things you don't like about the G6? I've been eyeing the thing since it came out, but I just can't justify the kind of money they want for it.

I have enough Live Rock in tank. I had some live rock rubble from old filter, but not enough to put in the new filter. I might add more chemical filtration. I'm happy with my first G6. The filter cartridge gets clogged very fast , but they are so easy to clean. I don't even have to turn off filter. It is very well made and seems like it wouldn't leak. I am replacing a filstar that started leaking. I bought this one on ebay for $349. I bought the first one at my lfs for almost $500. It is expensive but I wanted to buy myself a gift when I bought the first one. It keeps the tank very clear.

Back
Top Bottom