Fluval Spec V questions???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Watsonja4

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I took a trip to my lfs the other day to pick up some supplies for my 45 and while I was there a Fluval Spec V caught my attention and already the gears are turning in my head. I have been wanting a betta and I have really been wanting to attempt a planted aquarium for the first time. My goals for this tank would be this, a low-tech beginner planted aquarium with a betta and possibly a colony of shrimp. Will this aquarium work for this without any modifications? The specs can be found here Spec Aquarium Kit | 10516 | Aquariums &Â*Furniture | Fluval

Thanks in advance as always!

I had one with shrimp goodn tank jus cover the inlet with a mesh screen so no shrimp go down the filter part lost a few beore i chamgged pads an found 5 dead shrimp

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Ok we will put the shrimp down as a maybe. Back to the tank, what types of plants will I be able to grow with the stock light? Fluval claims that it is a 10w 7000k led that puts out 821 lumens. The guy at my lfs said that I could grow low and medium light plants with it but, he could be trying to sale a tank also.

Low light plants is what i had in mine with liquid ferts

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok that's good to know, can you name some of the plants you kept and did you inject Co2? Sorry for so many questions but I have never tried to grow a plant in my life.:huh:

Lol no worries hmmm anubis nana petite, java ferns crypts rotala indica. Swords as well jus dosed pps pro ferts no co2

Wisteria tons of other low light plants

I started out with a Fluval tank for a Betta and got rid of it... The filter design is such that the intakes is high (and permanent) and some Bettas will use the suction to sleep there near the surface and rip their fins. The design might work for many fish but not Bettas.

Back
Top Bottom