Fluval WP300

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tom05r123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Turned my Fluval WP300 on the other day and it just Hums, no water flow at all.

Could anyone recommend a suitable replacement or anything I could try to get it going again? The tank is Fluval M60

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465557556.079401.jpg

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It could just be that there is a bunch of air inside, tilting it around while it's on underwater might help. If that's the case, you'll see and hear air bubbles coming out of the pump.

Silly question, but just in case - assuming there is an impeller have you tried pulling it out and cleaning / removing any build-up in the impeller housing? I have had luck doing that before.

Hey guys thanks for the replies!

This morning I managed to take the pump apart and give it a clean all over. Although there wore no major signs of debris clogging it up, the pump now works!

Thanks for your replies!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465657108.684701.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Good news! I have pumps and powerheads that will slow way down and even stop from just a thin biofilm on and around the impeller . I keep them on a regular cleaning schedule .

Cheers guys, I definitely will have a cleaning schedule once I am up and running! Probably do it every other water change or something like that... Oh the joy when the water started flowing haha ??

(although it is extremely simple, if in the future any one is looking at this and wants to know how to dismantle the pump, just send me a message and I'll be happy to help)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom