foreground and background plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
im looking for some foreground plants that will grow/spread medium to fast and are either low to medium high light i have a 2x54 watts t5 ho on a 75 gallon and a regular 1 bulb strip light and running diy co2

also im looking for some back ground plants that r tall n bushy or medium height but bushy

With 75 gallons, DIY CO2 isn't going to be optimal. Most nice foregrounds (HC, glosso) really need strong, consistant CO2.

And honestly, you can do about anything with wisteria.

From personal experience, don't use the asian brand indicator that comes with the drop checker. Use your own API low pH test kit.

Is that the one that comes with the api freshwater master kit???? Also if it is do I just add it to the indicator just like if it was the one im using currently???? Or is it another kind of ph test

The way these test kits work is by measuring the pH change of the 4 dKH solution in the bulb after CO2 dissolves in it. The green color is simply the color of the pH of the solution after 30 ppm CO2 dissolves in it.

So empty/clean out the bulb really well, add in 4 dKH solution so it's about 2/3 full, and add 2-4 drops of low range API pH test chemical. Should turn blue right away.

When I was using the cheap green bottle that came with my drop checker, it would almost be green before I put it in. I suspect you might be experiencing the same thing.

aqua_chem said:
When I was using the cheap green bottle that came with my drop checker, it would almost be green before I put it in. I suspect you might be experiencing the same

Actualli its blue for a couple of hours or until the co2 gets in there

I like dwarf sagittaria. I've had it in all my lowlight planted tanks. It even did ok in my 55 gallon that only had two 15watt plantgrow flourescent bulbs over it years ago. It didn't spread like crazy. But it did stay nice and green and send out shoots occasionally. Its doing awesome under the LED's in my 29 gallon tall right now.

Back
Top Bottom