Looking for plant...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mushuporker

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got an all in one cube tank for my betta that's on my desk at work. The tank has a black section where all the equipment goes and its extremely reflective. He keeps ramming the tank. I'm looking for a background plant that I can grow to obscure it. Something that will grow fast and tall with low-ish light.

I'm also having an issue with the flow level as well. I'm hoping adding plants and a sponge to cover the filter outlet will help, any advice on that would be helpful too. I'm shocked this little tank has so much flow power lol

The tank's a little small (though it is certainly better than the drinking cup he was living in when you bought him), so if it's possible to go a little bigger you'll give him more to do in life: more space to swim, more places to explore, more hidey-holes to retreat in, and less boredom in which to fixate on himself. Although seeing their reflexion and being ticked-off will always happen, as that's who they are. It's exercise! Though ramming oneself into a wall is never a good idea.

In answer to your plant question, Amazon Sword is a good one. It can be bought quite tall so you don't have to wait. Try the live aquarium plants on ebay; if you have a local store, hopefully they sell it. If you only have a big-box pet store in your area, they carry it too though they can run low on stock so you may have to make repeated trips to catch new stock on exactly what you want. As you search, you may find plants you like more; anything that grows tall enough for your needs will have to be trimmed eventually for a small tank. It's easy to just trim the tops with scissors.

Back
Top Bottom