Found something new..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvelez12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any idea what this little guy is?? He's a redish brown color with a lime green mouth. Just popped out this LR i purchased.

image-209106961.jpg

That looks like a majano anemone. They are a glass anemone and are considered pests due to how fast they can reproduce. Don't pull or scrape at it, any fragment that comes off will turn into a new anemone! Products like Joe's Juice and Aiptasia-X (which is my preference) work well. Others have had success with covering them with kalk paste or injecting them with boiling water or lemon juice.

Take the rock out hold it upside down for awhile and it should fall off.

Had three on one rock place it upside down over a bucket 15 mins later they all fell off. Apastia on the other hand will not.

Apitasia x definatly works. I had about 10 or 12 shoots a few years back. I just kept zapping them with every water change and I haven't seen anything for a few years now

Anyway i could get rid of it without taking the lr out of the tank? I have two. One is on a large rock which of course is on the bottom of the tank with many more rocks on top and the other is on a rock that we have plastered to prop in the tank which would be almost impossible to take out

Peppermint shrimp work great. They eat the apitasia. Also good for your tank and pretty cheap too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom