FOWLR Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starchar

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I am in the planning stages for the design and build of a 360(ish) gallon FOWLR project. The best part of this project is not what or how but rather where I am going to build it. I run a juvenile facility in South Florida and am designing a room for therapeutic interventions and groups. The room will center around a 360(ish) gallon saltwater FOWLR tank. The rest of the room will be painted in an underwater theme designed to add to the experience of the live animals. The tank will be made from acrylic to help with potential "wear and tear" from the youth. Additionally, the stand and canopy will have to be able to be secured by lock and key.

Sound fun yet?

So I contacted a certain company who has a certain reality show on a channel that is not Animal Planet. They were very helpful and told them that I would likely be working on budget of begging and grant searching and the best I could offer was a karma deposit and some potential great PR. What I got in return was an estimate for $35k - $55k with an expected added price of %30 for cabinetry work!

I have contacted a couple local tank vendors here for some potentially reasonable quotes and expect to be in the $7.5k - $10k range. So if you guys know some people or persons that would like to contribute to, provide advice to, or help design, send me a PM. Enough begging, I was really here to tell you about my initial quote received and hopefully start a design thread. I figured I would bring my hobby to some kids that may benefit in a variety of ways plus I can't think of a better group for advice than those here who have helped me since my first tank!

Looking forward to this project!

Back
Top Bottom