Foxface sick im not sure???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a foxface rabbitfish that I had added to my tank little over a moth ago and he has been fine and eating well... Gets along with all other fish but I just added an emperor angel and still seemed to be fine but now all of a sudden he is swimming slowly and hangs aound the "cleaning station" of the angel .... When the angel cleans he puts all spike fins up and turns black and when he goes back to yellow he has one or two black spots but not as dark.... Can anyone help me out as to what could be wrong??? Thanks in advance....

To me it does not look like anything out of the ordinary. Foxface will change colors depending on stress or aggression. He`s just trying to establish himself in the pecking order IMO.

That color change is only his way of showing stress. Similar body shape from another fish, or just likely a newcomer as big or bigger than him. You should see the same colors when he's sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom