Frag Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Who has a frag only tank. I was thinking of adding a frag tank to my collection to help offset some ofthe expense of my main tank by selling a few frags, nothing extreme and not trying to make a serious profit, just something to play with and make a little on the side to help out with the main. Any thoughts on this or is it completely stupid. I was thinking about a 40 gallon breeder tank with a couple mh's and a few mj 1200''s

I have a 30g tank w/ 2x96w pcs and a 64w pc. I do xenia, zoo's and other softies.

I have a 20L with PC lighting. It is plumbed into my main system. I do xenia, leathers, and zoos mostly. I have some Digita too.

Ok, so I'm not the only frag freak around here,lol Thats what I was thinking, plumbing it into my current system,

Its odd that im reading this post today cause im breaking down the 30G cube at my office and plumbing it into my main system. I decided to stock it with acro frags.
Its got a mag 9.5 on a sqwid for flow and one of those coralife aqualight MH fixtures on it.

hey if you need any links or articles i have done some searching and found alot that have info on starting a small coral farm. i look to start one when i get out of college and get some money

Do you mind sending them to me pm. I plan on doing this within the next month. I allready have most of the equipment needed to run the tank, all i really need are the lights. How many corals could you raise in a 40-50 breeder tank. would 50-60 frags be possible in a tank this size.

I am also lookig into this...

I am also looking into this. Not as much to sale, but to grow to place in my show tank that will become a reef soon...

Shawn

flame82, if you could also send me the infor via PM it would be appreciated. I too have been working on the idea of building one of the GARF tanks (the ones made of plywood) and this would then be plumbed into my main display as well. I plan on making this sometime this summer, or once I get my tax return.

Back
Top Bottom