Freaky Clown Disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4enzix

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright this one has me truly boggled. See if any of you can get this. I would have got a pic but alas it all advanced to quick and my clown was gone by midday today.

I have a 200gal tank with a 66gallon fuge on it. fairly well stocked with fish and a medium load of coral/inverts. in my tank i have (had) a total of 5 clowns 1 tomatoe clown, 2 small (around maybe 1") occellaris clowns and 2 larger (the male being 2.5 and the female about 3") yesterday i look and my large female clown appears to have some sort of disease. keep in mind that every other fish in my tank is happy corals are extremely healthy and feeding all the time and inverts are all fine water paremeters are good and everything. This disease looks like the equivelent of a gecko or snake shedding its skin while swimming under water. This isnt like velvet or fungus (i dont think its life fungus) and i cant figure out a bacteria disease that fits. Went through a couple decent disease books and didnt find a thing.

last night the clown looked gross but was still swimming normally and eating.. this morning it wasnt eating and was being more reclusive and its swimming pattern had changed. Then i go to school and by the time i get back my girl had disappeared and hasnt come out since.

The only thing that ran through my mind was a slime coat issue from not having a proper anemone but that made no real sense.

any feed back would be appreciated.
TIA

Back
Top Bottom