Free to a good home, 6-8inch Bala Shark.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
He is outgrowing the 30gal he is currently in, and I have no plans to upgrade.

I also have other plans for the tank that can only be brought to fruition by giving up my favorite fish.

He was the first fish I ever bought, I've had him since he was 2 inches long. He is healthy and very powerful.

He can not be kept with similar sized fish, or fish of a similar shape, That being said...he DEFINATELY can not be kept with other Bala's. He is aggressive towards Balas and similar sized/shaped fish.

However, He is to placid to survive in an agressive tank of, say, Cichilids.

What he needs is atleast a 55gal where he would be the largest fish, with no similar type fish in the same tank.

This is my first fish, so I really want to make sure he's taken care off...So only to experianced keepers only please!

Free for pickup in the Orlando, Florida area.

I'd hate to hand him over to the petstore, to have them sell him to someone to put in a 10gal tank.

Please, someone give this guy the home he deserves.

It breaks my heart, but its for the best to give him up.

I live in FL, actually not far from Orlando...lol, but i have a bala and redtail in my 55 gallon already. Good luck w/finding a home.

What are the water conditions? I have a pond outside, I think it would have PLENTY of room in there, besides all the fish are 8"-12", I do have a few babies but nothing under 2" really.

The pond is the same temp as a aquarium during the summer. I would have to take in in during the winter I know.

You live in Oklahoma.

Your not going to drive to orlando just to get a free Bala Shark anyways.

I was thinking...and the only fish this guy has ever been aggressive towards...were added LONG after he had established his territory [ this was before I was aware of such things, didn't do anything to change the tank to move his territory ]

So that could have been one of the reasons why he attacked and killed the other fish, because they were a trheat to his long established territory..

This is just a theory, and I'm not saying to take him if you have like shaped fish.

Just thinking out loud, so to speak.

These would be one of my first fish. My tank is still cycling so it would be a little while (Last time it took 2 weeks and I am about 1/4 way done) before I could get them.

I would put them in as my first fish, so they wont be aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom