fresh water shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hehehe I got some hitchhikers in my 30g now... hopefully will get big enough to for me to see their mouths

Mine did - could watch the army marching north towards the surface for air, tiny mouths chewing all the way. If the little guys don't come back, I may be forced to get cable tv!

There are a lot of types of freshwater shrimp. I breed the Red Cherry Shrimp and the yellow color morph of the same species known simply as yellow shrimp. I also have snowball shrimp and higher grade crystal red shrimp and crystal black shrimp.

I may soon get more types of freshwater shrimp including blue pearl shrimp (same species as the snowball shrimp), tiger shrimp, orange eyed blue tiger shrimp, dark green shrimp, cardinal shrimp, and maybe another type of African shrimp.

If you are interested in getting some shrimp send me a PM. I regularly sell them and will give you a quote. Shipping is no problem.

Half way just looking at them as an extra food source for the fish and rasing the shrimp in the community tanks I have.

*lol* I am starting to spend way too much on my fishies ;)

Would be nice to have a self-sustaining tank but I know that that will never happen the way I am. Tweaking stuff is too much fun.

The LFS is on the way to the Home Depot, and I have an experimental idea for some lighting I want to try. Oh may I keep promising the one guy there I will bring pictures in.

What kind of experiment for the light? I'd just use a $10 shoplight over a 4ft tank. For my shrimp breeding tanks I may cut a 2x6 to 8 ft or so and then mount a light every so often so that the tanks have enough lighting to grow some plants. I plan on using the low wattage CF lights (13W each) and keeping them on 6-10 hours per day. I figure I will need anywhere between 4-6 lights so that shouldn't cost that much. I can get the bulbs for $1 each too.

Back
Top Bottom