Fresh Water -VS- Salt Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FW -V- SW :::::::: Who wins? :::::

• FW!!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SW!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think FW are better! there is plenty of choice, and FW has soooooo much more charecter, I would rather have a betta than the dumb page 3 model (no offence page 3 models lol, i bet u get payed a load) of the fish world the clownfish, sure they are gracefull, and colourfull, but Fw are more real, IMO SWs look like theyve had plastic surgery on every part of theyre body, they dont look natural theyre tacky,
and the theyres the price :roll: $70 dollars for a clownfish!!! when you can get a perfectly nice betta or clown loach with the same colours for a few quid!!! the only Saltwater fish that i like better than its freshwater cousins is this wierd cat fish (it smiled at me) It did that puppy dog thing (pick me pick me) and it wasss soooooooooooooooooooooo good, it was also, i think iot must have been trying to escape too because it kept being chased by one of those wierd things at the bottom with a dalmation pattern
sure, if someone offered me a SW tank (complete) id snap at its heels (meaning id take it lol)
If I had a biiiiiiiiiig house and i was loaded (rich) i'd have SW too, but pride of place in the living room, theyre would be a big fat FW tank with loads of nice FW fishies in it,
id get that exact cat fish that smiled at me too lol and put it in a big tank with a cricket bat with that mean thing that was attacking it, lol
What do you think??

all i can say is it's a good thing you posted this in the fw forum 'cause those who keep sw could get pretty defensive about the remarks. I agree about the clownfish though, ever since nemo everyone wants a clownfish. When you look at ALL the options and variety sw has it's as cool as fw. Which is better looking is a matter of opinion. i love both but don't want to spend the money for sw. I'll leave that to the big commercial aquariums where i can spend a few bucks to enjoy all there hard work and money spent.

I would have a SW tank if I had the money, time, and room for one(or more :) ). I would say neither "wins" though.

IDK but i think that FW and SW are just as pretty as either of them

i mean with SW you have the Lionfish and with FW you can get really agressive fish just like it so i say nither really is the best, although i really think that SW fish have better color blends than some(keyword=SOME!) of the FW fish

except all angelfish are really pretty(FW and SW)

so like i said, niether are THE best

Post this in the lounge instead of the FW forum and you would get a true reading of the people using this sight. SW is my preferred choice. I have had many FW tanks over the years and still have one but the SW is much more satisfying to me.

I think that freshwater is just perferred more because alot of people dont have the resources needed to delve into sw. Very expensive.

This seems like a trolling thread so, I'll keep my response short. I keep both and love both equally. They both have their ups and downs but that's what keeps it interesting.

perfect reponse Fluff

and someone get an Advisor and move this to the lounge to get a real answer

yes like Devlishturtles said

you havent seen enough SW fishies

cause just take a look at the Flame Angelfish and the Emporer Angelfish they are really pretty, along with my all time favorite SW fish the Lionfish

More work has gone into FW, look at a wild betta, dull dull dull - look at them now, colourfull??
A clownfish, same in the great barrier reef, same in your petshop, same in your tank, same everywhere, (exept possibly a tiny colour variation)
Yes, I have seen many SW fish, there is a public aquarium down the road, quite a big one, blue planet.

Devilishturtles said:
$70 dollars for a clownfish!!!

Devilishturtles said:
More like $15.

No they are av £40 here (pier aquatics is the cheapest £25) If they were 7 1/2 quid id snap em up!!!! i'd have my own tank full of nemos,LOL but they arnet, The price is only the seccond drawback, as I said in my first post

qwertie said:
I think FW are better! there is plenty of choice, and FW has soooooo much more charecter, I would rather have a betta than the dumb page 3 model (no offence page 3 models lol, i bet u get payed a load) of the fish world the clownfish, sure they are gracefull, and colourfull, but Fw are more real, IMO SWs look like theyve had plastic surgery on every part of theyre body, they dont look natural theyre tacky,
and the theyres the price :roll: $70 dollars for a clownfish!!! when you can get a perfectly nice betta or clown loach with the same colours for a few quid!!! the only Saltwater fish that i like better than its freshwater cousins is this wierd cat fish (it smiled at me) It did that puppy dog thing (pick me pick me) and it wasss soooooooooooooooooooooo good, it was also, i think iot must have been trying to escape too because it kept being chased by one of those wierd things at the bottom with a dalmation pattern
sure, if someone offered me a SW tank (complete) id snap at its heels (meaning id take it lol)
If I had a biiiiiiiiiig house and i was loaded (rich) i'd have SW too, but pride of place in the living room, theyre would be a big fat FW tank with loads of nice FW fishies in it,
id get that exact cat fish that smiled at me too lol and put it in a big tank with a cricket bat with that mean thing that was attacking it, lol
What do you think??

Are you kidding me? I disagree that freshwater fish have more character. Saltwater I believe by far have more personality, are more pleasing to the eye, and more fun to watch. I myself don't have a saltwater tank, but if I had the money I would much rather have one. The only reason I have fresh water is because I don't have the money for a saltwater. Don't get me wrong there are some cool freshwater fish, but saltwaters blows freshwater fish out of the water on color alone.

I've had both FW and SW. Sorry, SW wins hands-down. I'm not saying SW is cheaper or easier or that there aren't drawbacks to SW, I'm saying it's about 100 times more interesting.

JimmyJam said:
Don't get me wrong there are some cool freshwater fish, but saltwaters blows freshwater fish out of the water on color alone.

There are a few FW that are cool - I like Silver Dollars and Discus. I remember talking to the guy who moved me from FW to SW. He told me that the blandest, most boring SW fish is more interesting than the most exciting FW fish.

He was right.

I have had both FW and SW tanks. I also have clownfish and they look nothing like Nemo lol. What's really cool about SW tanks is that when you get live rock there is always new things popping up that you have never seen before. I also feel that SW fish have more character. But it's true when it comes to money a FW tank can be extremely pleasing at a lower cost. But I can't say I have ever seen a clownfish more than $24.

<3 Ugly, boring, smelly FW fish! I'm yet to find an ugly boring smellyt SW fish.

Please point me out some, they all look the same tbh.

JMHO

Clown Monarch said:
JimmyJam said:
Don't get me wrong there are some cool freshwater fish, but saltwaters blows freshwater fish out of the water on color alone.

There are a few FW that are cool - I like Silver Dollars and Discus. I remember talking to the guy who moved me from FW to SW. He told me that the blandest, most boring SW fish is more interesting than the most exciting FW fish.

He was right.

Yea, I agree with you, I mean I enjoy my semi agressive tank. I have 2 tanks and my favorite fish out of all of them are a 10in pleco. My stingray, needlfish, and full grown silver dollar. but I would rather have a SW.

JimmyJam said:
Clown Monarch said:
JimmyJam said:

He was right.

Yea, I agree with you, I mean I enjoy my semi agressive tank. I have 2 tanks and my favorite fish out of all of them are a 10in pleco. My stingray, needlfish, and full grown silver dollar. but I would rather have a SW.

I think every aquarium owner would. But it takes a butt-load of money and patience and itsn't worth it if you aren't completely into it.

Clown Monarch said:
JimmyJam said:
Clown Monarch said:
JimmyJam said:

He was right.

I think every aquarium owner would. But it takes a butt-load of money and patience and itsn't worth it if you aren't completely into it.

Exactly. I think I would have enough time, I just don't have the money. I am happy with my FW, but I think SW is a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom