Fresh Water Whale Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update: the babies are doing good and eating better every day, they have run of the tank now, the BGK and feather fin will be going soon. By doing this I am hoping to open them up a little they seem to be very shy around them and I'm sure it has to do with their size, they do great with the molly, cory and leaf fish and will have all the caves to them selves.

Update: the babies are doing good and eating better every day, they have run of the tank now, the BGK and feather fin will be going soon. By doing this I am hoping to open them up a little they seem to be very shy around them and I'm sure it has to do with their size, they do great with the molly, cory and leaf fish and will have all the caves to them selves.

Glad to hear it!! When they're settled I'd love to see pics; sooner, even, if you feel like sharing!!! :)

I did a 30% water change today and it looks like the smallest (one I was concerned about) is struggling, due to being pushed out of the heard I went ahead and put lil guy in a separate tank to watch him closer and all I can do is hope for the best. The other two are playing so I'ma try n get some good pics.

We are having a blast in the foliage and our bellies are filling out. :)

ForumRunner_20121231_230116.jpg

ForumRunner_20121231_225846.jpg

ForumRunner_20121231_225940.jpg

ForumRunner_20121231_225952.jpg

It is sad but it is survival of the fittest!! All you can do is make sure he eats! Try seachem Entice or Garlic to attract him to food

It is sad but it is survival of the fittest!! All you can do is make sure he eats! Try seachem Entice or Garlic to attract him to food

How exactly do I do that? I have whole garlic or minced in a jar of water.

Hmmmmm ok lemme see what I can do, he made it through nigh so lets get em eating.

If you can't get those a 'drop' of real garlic to use as a soak will do ok. It is very potent!!!

Just got internet back today,,, the two babies are doing great now that they are eating well I am going to get them used to my hand for easy catching and observations as they grow.

I just saw one of these fish for sale on ebay yesterday. Interesting fish. I hope yours do well!

I saw this also but my babies are 3in and look much different in size (but could be a major close up)from that pic as well as the shipping is outrageous seeing as I got 3 for the complete total of 53.00.

Today's feeding, pic 1 the babies are already acclimating me to food and play pic. 2.

IMG_20130111_223121.jpg

IMG_20130111_223211.jpg

Back
Top Bottom