Fresh Water Whale Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you peps I am really enjoying these lil guys, I am documenting everything.

Oh no I am so sorry!!!! I'm glad these 2little ones are happy and healthy I can't wait to see how they grow! They are adorable

Love all the pictures. We never see these fish in Mass, I had Elephant Nose, but he died ;( Very hard to feed

Lost another baby whale today so one left. I tested my water and all is good so I'm pretty confused.

I think your tank is too small... Baby whales also are best kept in groups of at least 6

Sorry but 55g for two babies is not to small can't always go by what is read on one or two sights. I don't think the amount had anything to do with it either.

Ohhhh NO ! Have to agreeing the groups tho. Even my elephant nose like groups of 6. All the Mormyids are like that. Hunt in packs and social

Sorry to hear :-( it's just one of those things, you,ve done everything right.

Sorry to hear that. I had two angels go belly up on me a few months ago each about a month apart. Never did figure out why. My parameters tested perfect each time. I think losing fish for reasons unknown is harder than knowing the fish is sick and losing it after a week of trying to treat.

I agree it is definitely harder when you don't know what took them. Thank you guys!!!! We were working on finding more to school them but after the heart break I'm wondering if I truly want to go there again. These lil guys really are hard to raise.

Up date on baby whale: he/she is doing great and now gets a full belly every feeding which is every other day now. I have named the lil hoot jynx, the character is not as vivid as it was when the other baby was around. I am hoping to find another eventually. They are definitely happier with a pair.

Up date on baby whale: he/she is doing great and now gets a full belly every feeding which is every other day now. I have named the lil hoot jynx, the character is not as vivid as it was when the other baby was around. I am hoping to find another eventually. They are definitely happier with a pair.

Very cool! Glad he's doing good. Pictures pictures pictures! Haha please of course

Could not get good pics tonight but may be able to use one as a size comparison from when I first got Jynx with the tunnel pics, he loves to go around in circles with head up in top of tunnel like on pic 2.

ForumRunner_20130123_211141.jpg

ForumRunner_20130123_210941.jpg

This ^ is the sleeping quarters we eventually won't fit it. The hole you see is the entrance and there is a hole on top Jynx uses for the exit.

ForumRunner_20130123_211340.jpg

ForumRunner_20130123_210957.jpg

Back
Top Bottom