FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on the totm fresh! Been a long time coming!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So what are you going to do with all that prize money? Buy us ice cream and bmls?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What flavor? ???
Are BMLs still a thing? Still too rich for me. Usually can get a pair of Finnex fixtures for less than one BML. I heard the next version of the 24/7 will be released next year. No idea about the specs.
Found out that there is an auction this weekend (along with a holiday party) at the monthly fish club meeting. Sweet! I have a ton of plants to unload. There is a member who actually collects duck weed to feed her goldfish. For some reason she cannot grow it ? and others bring her zip lock baggies of it. I will get to sort out and remove the duck herps, red root floaters, and water lettuce which are shading all three tanks.
The CO2 tank is finally drained. I kept opening up the needle valve each day to bleed more gas out of it. Last week/weekend would have been tough to get a refill because of all the the crazy shoppers. I should be able to get it filled this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yay! Auction! That's really seamless, well played on the co2!

Loooooong work day forces change in plans. CO2 tank is car; did not get the tank refilled today.
Fed the fish, dosed ferts, spent a couple minutes checking things out.
Was a Lowes and was looking at the screw in type LED bulbs. None were 6500k. These would run cooler and maybe brighter than CFLs.
Auction timing is perfect. Tank is very over grown. Would like to keep ONE red root floater, ONE water lettuce, and ZERO duck weed. Probably won't be staying for the auction or holiday party because of other commitments.

They have the 6500k CFLs but the LEDs only do 5000k which they still call daylight. I went searching for the same between Lowes and Home Depot >_<

Replaced the CO2 tank today. Upon hooking it up I heard a hissing noise. Disassemble, inspect, reconnect ... hiss. Disassemble, inspect, and notice o-ring is missing. Used the spare one that came with the regulator. Hooked it up. Slight hiss. ?Clean out a bottle to make a soapy spray. Five minutes later, about to spray connections and hissing is GONE.
Tank is filled a little more than usual (110 psi vs 90-100 psi). Hoping this will last until mid April. $3.99 refill.
I need to clean and refill the drop checkers. One of them is wandering around the tank. The other has a BBA fur coat.
Red root floaters, water lettuce, and duckweed separated and bagged for the auction. Planning on trimming the tank tonight for the remaining auction items.

What auction?

Hosted by a local fish club I belong to in the DC Metro area. There is an auction at the conclusion of each monthly meeting and twice a year there are the big auctions (6-8 hours). It's a pretty neat setup: online registration for auction items, image upload, and a website for browsing the merchandise before hand.

Hosted by a local fish club I belong to in the DC Metro area. There is an auction at the conclusion of each monthly meeting and twice a year there are the big auctions (6-8 hours). It's a pretty neat setup: online registration for auction items, image upload, and a website for browsing the merchandise before hand.

GWAPA? I live just outside of Baltimore and used to live in NOVA.

Back
Top Bottom