FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you are right. I just looked at their site and they have a meeting on Saturday.

Due to a schedule conflict I will only be able to drop off the auction items, drop off a bag of duckweed with a big red bow on top ("one man's treasure..."), pickup my proceeds check from the last auction, say "Hi!" and split.
I will auction off a bag of red root floaters, bag of water lettuce, and a collection of stem plants ("stem sampler").
There are already 3 entries of red root floaters in the auction preview. There are six (6) entries of CRS (10 per set) listed as well. I'm not ready for CRS yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There are already 3 entries of red root floaters in the auction preview. There are six (6) entries of CRS (10 per set) listed as well. I'm not ready for CRS yet.

Dude......go for it. Probably going to be hard to find a good deal on those. I bet at the auction they should go for cheaper? You can keep all kinds of plants alive, why not shrimp?

I want a bag of CRS! Daaaaang
Seems like RCS are all that seem to come through our auction.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I put off getting CRS for so long and have had no problems. I understand time and scheduling issues but next time they're available you should go for it!

Hmmm... Even though there are several bags of them, the bidding wars know no mercy. I've seen RCS prices inflate to well over LFS prices.
The original setup was a 75g tank, RODI system, some type of re-mineralizer, and 75-100 CRS. I believe the seller sold the hardware and what is left are the extra CRS.

I only have time to drop off my plants and pickup a check. I was not planning on going to the auction.

All of you are the little ? sitting on my shoulder. Thanks!

Hmmm... Even though there are several bags of them, the bidding wars know no mercy. I've seen RCS prices inflate to well over LFS prices.
The original setup was a 75g tank, RODI system, some type of re-mineralizer, and 75-100 CRS. I believe the seller sold the hardware and what is left are the extra CRS.

I only have time to drop off my plants and pickup a check. I was not planning on going to the auction.

All of you are the little ? sitting on my shoulder. Thanks!

Get dem crs Fresh...

sit in silence...

Update: Did not make it to the auction/meeting at all yesterday. So I have bags of red root floaters, water lettuce, and duckweed... I can bring these to the LFS for store credit.
About the plants... I need to get rid of some stems. These include Ludwigia species 'red', Pogostemon quadrifolius, Pogostemon stellatus 'octopus', and maybe a few Limnophilia aromatica. 2-3 day priority, no heat pack, pm me if interested.

How fast dows the octo grow for you? I have to trim mine weekly otherwise it touches the surface

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How fast dows the octo grow for you? I have to trim mine weekly otherwise it touches the surface

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

About that fast. When I first got it, it did not grow for the first 2 months. It was tucked in the back and was shaded. I started with 2-3 frail stems that would not stay in the substrate and, honestly, I forgot about them for a while. When it got established it took off. Obviously it is doing well in your tank. I have not tried it in a lower light setting. Perhaps that will reduce growth but still keep it healthy. It might be more ideal in a larger tank (+45g) due to its size and growth rate.

Merry Christmas Fresh my friend!
Wishing ya the best!
When ya get too many of them red root floaters again keep me in mind.
Too much water flow took mine out I believe. I loved the look of them too.

Trimmed the tank. Before:
dFjScWG.png
After:
JEmlTLf.png

So nice to see the back of the tank again. It might be a week or two before the pogo erectus on the left side will need to be trimmed.
I added some glut a couple of days last week and all of the BBA has disappeared. Yippee!!!

Back
Top Bottom