FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like i mentioned to brookster, if you got to pull any of that blyxa be prepped for mess!! The root systems are more extensive than the leaves lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very true, the original plants had about 5-6" of roots all over the place.. made a huge mess..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's interesting how much your tank has changed and transformed since this thread was started. It's amazing! Keep up the great work!!

It's interesting how much your tank has changed and transformed since this thread was started. It's amazing! Keep up the great work!!

Yeah, my tank has changed quite a bit. When I was more a lurker member, my tank looked like this in late 2012. Moss tied to flat stones = planted tank :)
hjhTqNZ.jpg

Then in mid 2013 I got better lights, discovered DIY CO2 and the tank looked like this:
s6OKnwQ.jpg
Later I encountered those that had a lot of constructive criticism, extra plants, and approached it more like an art form. Indebted to this site.

I think being on here totally helps! I've never even heard of half the plants some people have here. Not to mentioned ordering from other members the plants are way better than what you can get in a store :)

It's still not as bad as Brookster starter pic. I have to dig that gem out. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He just recently posted them again on a different thread I think

This one?!

Attachments

• 1422747776312.jpg
    1422747776312.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 74
Oh god. Wowza!! Haha.
There's hope for me yet then :)

That was all class! Made it for my gf, she thought it was hideous hahah.. you should have seen the actual first tank, pink gravel! ! On sale..

Yes that one....gotta love it. I currently have a tank with pink gravel too....

My first tank on my own/as an adult ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422751285.455340.jpg

Was upgraded to a 20long which now is like this:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422751360.405518.jpg

It is my "wild tank" as I have guppy fry and RCS with adult guppies so I let it so its own thing so they have coverage.

I am trying to find an old pic of our big tank (got it off craigslist for $200 with fish/gravel/everything included) but can't find it yet. If/when I do I will post it

And the best part in the first tank was that the plant on the far right was a glow in the dark plant

******* I bought some fish! *******
If you know me, then this is a big deal as I break my 28 month hiatus. I went to the LFS looking for Kuhlii loaches and left with 7 ember tetras and 3 Otos. They have been drip acclimating for the last 90 minutes:
IetWBBk.png
The embers were in a tank with Blue Eye Furcata Forktail Rainbows. The rainbows were to die for. A bit costly too ($11). Here they are at the LFS:
9v5WWuZ.png
The LFS said they would take my 2 longfin blue danios. They also had lots of spider wood:
1QWdAZi.png
I was piecing together some Malaysian DW trying the get the look of roots traversing the surface of the substrate:
ptGqyy4.png

Pics later of the new fish in the QT.

All this excitement on pg. 100!!you planned this:p nice buy, embers are awesome!

Was off work today and after stopping by the PO swung by the LFS (had a cooler with me so I know I was not leaving empty handed).
Here is a pic of the QT. Not your typical QT (it's my plant holding tank) but only thing I had:
jbpDBpl.png
The embers dove into the moss and stems and hid for a while. The Otos sat at the bottom and then started grazing. Here are two embers (blurry):
S03MR6p.png
I pulled the AR mini and star repens out. The stars were 90% roots and 10% greenery.
H80tBD7.png
Tank was murky after pulling those plants
LeZg89d.png
but got clearer a few minutes later
ORkL44S.png
Combing the pulled plants is a tedious task. FTS later when things settle.

Back
Top Bottom