FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In that case I will need extra wood for the doghouse that I will be staying in. Seriously, if I build a stand that can accommodate a 40b but I put a 20g long on it, will it look weird? I only ask because my current stands are only slightly bigger

You could always kinda decorate around it- or kinda make it into a built in end table or something so you could eat dinner while watching fish. Potted plants? I feel like there are definitely creative options- probably more than what I am thinking of. Or even just having the empty space.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you have cats you could always put a cat bed next to it. They would love you. Mine go crazy for the tanks

If you have cats you could always put a cat bed next to it. They would love you. Mine go crazy for the tanks

No cats. But I checked out Brookster's custom stand (the one with a pair of tanks) and the available space around the tank(s) looks fine and can be functional as well.

The extra space would be nice to place scissors, etc when trimming plants and replanting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah! That's true!! For normal people (aka people without toddlers) that would definitely be helpful :)

The new fish in the QT are doing fine. The Otos are often swimming with the Ember tetras which, by the way, school pretty tightly. Otos have a taste for FD brine shrimp. Who knew. They will be there are least another week or two so that will give me time to make changes to the tank. Planning on doing WCs twice a week due to the size of the QT (6.6g).
I took a short vid of the QT the day the fish arrived. Hopefully one of these links will work:
[youtube]
[/youtube]

:) they look good!!

I am thinking I might get ember tetras or micro rasboras for my 12g yellow shrimp tank. I pick up the shrimp sunday so maybe in a couple weeks once the shrimp are all settled

The tank stand I've been working in (months lol) is going to be the exact footprint as the tank. No wiggle room, but I'm planning on putting no back on to run whatever wires/hoses I want.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like having a little extra space around the tanks for setting down stuff and things and beer! Big enough to be functional while being to small for the cat to get on. I do like the idea of being able to fit a 75g. On there when the time comes:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like having a little extra space around the tanks for setting down stuff and things and beer! Big enough to be functional while being to small for the cat to get on. I do like the idea of being able to fit a 75g. On there when the time comes:)

"...things and beer". Functional for sure. *thumbs*
Yeah, I want something that can also accommodate a larger tank (40B, 30L, 33L) if necessary. Customized shelving, door activated LED, etc.

Currently that's what I have now. It's nice to put thongs, scissors, beer....on the ledge lol. I really wasn't thinking about that during the design process. Kinda wish I did though..too late to go back. Life lesson 100,000,000,001.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Currently that's what I have now. It's nice to put thongs, scissors, beer....on the ledge lol. I really wasn't thinking about that during the design process. Kinda wish I did though..too late to go back. Life lesson 100,000,000,001.

Thongs Pitbully?? After watching your latest video you didn't come across as that type of guy lol

Lol. was rushing and didn't proof read...but there's such things out there.

Attachments

• 1423244433474.jpg
    1423244433474.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 70
Nice recovery, pitbully. I believe you meant "things".
Then again, valentine's day is just around the corner...(or how to become single again real fast).

Ohhhhh tongsssss;) is that my tank on that tong???

Now I have this picture in my head of crazy people wearing thongs with that aquarium pic on it doing a water change drinking beers and dancing around.

Hahahaha

The way I see it, if you don't wear exotic underwear while working on your tanks, you aren't really living. :)

Hmm... "The Hotties of the Hobby." maybe a new website idea, combining aquarium information with soft core pics of your favorite aquarists.

Back
Top Bottom