Freshwater eels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can any freshwater eels or rope fish be kept in a 34G tank? If so what can you group with them?

From experience with rope fish, I would not keep them in a 34g tank because of the space. They can be very active fish and need room to swim. They grow to around a foot long, one of mine is a little bigger than that at 14 inches.

No, the closest thing to a eel that could stay in a 34g would be a kuhli loach.

i agree with etunes and blueiz,ive seen rope fish at my lfs at over a foot long.also khuli loaches stay alot smaller and love to be in groups.ive got 2 and plan on getting more 2morrow wen i go to my lfs.they are very cool fish:)

too big for that small of a tank. Kuhli's and the like are about it on that size.

When you ask what to group them with, what group are you referencing? Is it fish, or other bottom dwellers? Or basically, what to stock with them?

What are the dimensions of the tank? Zigzag eels top out around 8" or so and should do ok in tanks larger than 30g.

Yes what other fish can I keep with them in my tank.

tank dimentions are 33"L 18"T 14"W Claims its a 34G

Tropiquarium 88 is what it is. When I Googled it its weird the only info I get is based in the UK. It doesnt have the stock filtering system on it though I have a emporer 280 with biowheel on it.

O ya, i forgot about zigzag eels. When it comes to kuhli loaches combalibility they stay small and any community fish will be fine. As of the zig zag eel he would be fine as well and you could put most fish in with him any fish about the size or bigger then a adult guppy. Thay usually cant fit any fish in there mouth except for fry but i would not risk putting neons with them.

Those are all pretty cool. I would be fine with any of them as long as i can put fish and maybe crabs with it. Are all those ok by them selves?

Sweet. Should I wait until my tank is well established? Or are they ok in newly cycled tanks?

The only opening in the lid is where the filter is. Is that ok??? Here is a pic of it...

img_1043964_0_a405dbfee58fed3fb7276a413a9dc5db.jpg

img_1043964_1_046f909acc4977cc6043f3703d27d87f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom