freshwater fish tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LK17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, i'm new so I don't know where else to post this.. just a quick question please. :]..

I have a 10 gallon freshwater fish tank.. and recently my fish have died while in quarantine from "Ich"..

My question being is it safe for me to wash out the 2 tanks, the original tank they were in that was filled with ich.. and the quarantine tank.., in my bathtub? is it harmful to humans? If I come in contact with it or will the Ich stay in the bathtub even after It is washed? I do not plan to have more fish afterward so the tanks will also be stored away with their items etc..

Please and thank you..!

The ich will not infect people.
Just drying out the equipment should kill the ich also.
Sorry you aren't going to be keeping fish anymore.

Imagine going to the doctor and telling him u think u have ich. . He be like whatttt?? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ich is something most everyone here has encountered at least once.

I dealt with it a while back and it killed off most of my tank (newbie at the time)

Disease is not always your own fault. Sometimes they are sick at the store and you did a great job my quarantining the fish so it didn't affect your main tank.

Disease happens and it shouldn't be a reason to just pack up and give up the hobby.

Hope you change your mind :)

Caleb

ooh alright thanks! Good to know lol got a bit scared.& I just dont wanna go through losing the fish again so i might as well wait a little while before I run the tank again in the future. Thank you again. :]

Back
Top Bottom