Frog ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlonelyCody

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an AD Frog and one of his back legs has turned white. has he been attacked? is he going to die should it be amputated? what should I do??

Please help!!

How old is the tank hes in?

If you put him in a uncycled tank it could be that, or it could be a type of fungus.

Either way, I say QT him and keep his water params exceptionally clean.

I know that aquatic frogs are quite prone to fungus. Yours is probably suffering from this--does this whiteness protrude as small filaments from the leg, or is the leg simply discolored? If the former (filaments) then you need to buy Maracyn for your frog and dose your tank.

Maracyn kills off fungus effectively. Somebody PMed me about a similar case with their frog and I recommended Maracyn: it worked.

If the leg is discolored, it may be gangrenous... I don't think that this is the result of an uncycled tank, though. If it were a bodily response to high ammonia, the entire body would be turning white.

It isn't his leg. I looked and it is more on his back foot. It looks as though his foot is dead (has that dead color to it). I watched him swim and he isn't using it at all. He isn't "expanding" it when he swims to the top to get air. It also seems like he is having trouble swimming all together and is favoring his other foot to the bad one.
It almost looks like someone tried biting his foot, or it got stuck in something. I know it's hard to explain in words what it really looks like. :?

IF it's fungus (not sure what you're describing is fungus), my african frog had it and maracyn 1 fixed him right up.

Right, I thought it was you who had PMed me about that, Kaelen.

Yeah... I think you should try melafix by the sound of it. Can't guarantee anything, though. The frog sounds quite badly injured.

Could it be he is shedding his skin and the last bit is still stuck on his foot? Just saw a frogs shed skin in an aquarium and it looks pretty weird..... 8O

I found out what was going on with my frog!!! the first one didn't make it. the second frog was stuck in the filter intake thismorning. after he was removed his leg looked the same. broken. Is there anything that I can do to keef him alive?? :cry:

Back
Top Bottom