Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine didn't broadcast heads, it just had little itty bitty ones along the skeleton that got isolated as the main polyp grow higher and took its tissue with it. here is a pic now, 6 months ago they were the size of pinheads. I lost the coral in a crash and low and behold the baby buds survived didn't even know they were there till the big heads died. I imagine as the large polyps grew and detached from the tiny buds it would have to severe the tissue as it does when a big head splits. It appears this "may" be the case here. It looks like a small polyp formed on the skeleton in the ops pic and the tissue is stretching as it seperates.

My frogspawn currently has about 15 buds growing off of the skeleton. Most are still connected with tissue from the main heads. 3-4" of skeleton covered in tissue which I'm surprised to see. One branch that gets more flow than the rest has less external flesh and has broken away from 2 buds but it never looks likes like the op's pic. It's more slower receding/separation. To the point where you have a single 1"-2" long rubber band sized piece of flesh extending from the bud to the branch's flesh.

Back
Top Bottom